Taking ideas

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Before I start: this is not advertising.

That said, I've started a 'self defense' blog. After reading the link in my sig (it's not nessicarily 'self defense' and reading the entry I've made should explain what I mean), does anyone have any ideas for articles I could do along the lines I'm going for? I have some ideas, but would like some more.

Thank you.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
Before I start: this is not advertising.

That said, I've started a 'self defense' blog. After reading the link in my sig (it's not nessicarily 'self defense' and reading the entry I've made should explain what I mean), does anyone have any ideas for articles I could do along the lines I'm going for? I have some ideas, but would like some more.

Thank you.

With Halloween coming up some safety tips for kids/parents might not be a bad idea.

Maybe a running list of the latest scams, the kind you find on CL, ebay and in the in-boxes of senior citizens...

Is that along the lines of what you were thinking?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would start off with a background post. Something listing your qualifications, background, and history can go a long way toward why people should listen to you versus some other guy. Since this is the internet and anyone can get out there and post their opinion, before you start talking about these things, it is important for people to know why you have the answer.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to make claims and statements -- take the time to research them. It's impossible to give a meaningful "average" for a person's chance of being a victim of violent crime without assessing multiple other factors. An Amish kid in PA is much less likely to be a victim of either violent attack or a car accident than you are, for example. While statisticians can come up with a number (hint... look in the Uniform Crime Reports and National Crime Victimization Survey), it's not a really useful number because of the amount of variables.

Maybe you want to start by assessing what constitutes "real life" to you...

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Verbal training...!! Ideas to avoid and pay attention to one's Ego's.

Ways to avoid and learn proper body languages.

Aloha,

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
With Halloween coming up some safety tips for kids/parents might not be a bad idea.

Maybe a running list of the latest scams, the kind you find on CL, ebay and in the in-boxes of senior citizens...

Is that along the lines of what you were thinking?

A running list of scams would be pretty much impossible. I could, but I'm a full time student who excercises (with medical issues, long story, don't ask). If I was a full time RBSD instructor (or something similar) I could, but until that happens, I cann't.

I would start off with a background post. Something listing your qualifications, background, and history can go a long way toward why people should listen to you versus some other guy. Since this is the internet and anyone can get out there and post their opinion, before you start talking about these things, it is important for people to know why you have the answer.

I would, but I'd like to avoid the normal 'this is my qualifications' opening post. Since they're mostly self absorbed none-sense. I don't feel like being the same as other morons who post abot how there military training makes them some how more qualified then the next guy.

If you're going to make claims and statements -- take the time to research them. It's impossible to give a meaningful "average" for a person's chance of being a victim of violent crime without assessing multiple other factors. An Amish kid in PA is much less likely to be a victim of either violent attack or a car accident than you are, for example. While statisticians can come up with a number (hint... look in the Uniform Crime Reports and National Crime Victimization Survey), it's not a really useful number because of the amount of variables.

Maybe you want to start by assessing what constitutes "real life" to you...

Maybe you should have read the part where I said 'national average'.

Latest Discussions