Tai Chi teachers in WV

H

hapkitaji

I was wondering if anyone knew of any taijiquan teachers in WV, that are very good.

Thanks guys,

OP
T

Taiji fan

where is wv? what does that stand for?

OP
S

SRyuFighter

That hurts that u don't know about WV. They teach it at all Shaolin-Do schools (which I have heard bad things about) And there is a place in Cross Lanes which would be quite a drive for you though. Sorry I couldn't help more.

OP
H

hapkitaji

I have a tai chi teacher that also teaches hapkido, in beckley i was just wondering if they were anyone else in the area. the shaolin-do not a good thing...they are cocky and have arrogant attuideds...i went to a martial arts tourney and beat a shaolin-do blue blet and i am only a white belt yellow in hapkido....I placed 2nd in sparing and 1st with my yang style 24 form...so I wasn't too impressed.....

OP
T

Taiji fan

That hurts that u don't know about WV.
sorry I am in Britain...I don't know all the US abbreviations........but, there is an excellent Taiji/CMA coach in Virginia (but I have no idea where in relation to your location)

US Wushu academy

oops I forgot, he teaches both Yang and Chen style and has worked with both families in both the USA and China.

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Virginia is not West Virginia. They are two separate states.

OP
T

Taiji fan

hmmmm thats a bit daft then...so what happens when you are in the western most part of west virginia.....or the western most part of virginia......did you folks run out of names or something? How far apart are they?

:D

OP
S

SRyuFighter

they are two separate states. When you are in the western part of Virginia then you are in western virginia. When you are in the Western part of West Virginia, then well I guess you would be in Western West Virginia never really talked about it with anyone.

OP
T

Taiji fan

did you have any luck in finding a teacher?

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm also curious if you have had any luck. I'm in the Charleston Area of WV and I am looking for a Tai Chi or a Kung Fu teacher. I had to move to Columbus Ohio for a job in 99 and moved back a few years ago. The school that I was taking from apprently has closed and I'm really wanting to start again.

OP
P

pakua

[john denver]
Almost hea-ven
West Virginya....
Blue Ridge Moun-tains
Shennendoah Ri-iver...
[/john denver]

wingchunner

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wooster is only a couple hours from Wheeling, WV if you're interested. We've had people travel from there before to the Cleveland School. It would be well worth the trip.

Marty

OP
T

te75uo

I attend Shaolin Do in Cross Lanes, West Virginia. I don't find the people cocky, quite the opposite. Really in this school you get out of it what you are willing to put into it.

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
WOW, someone from near where I live. I've watched a class at that school about a month ago as I was looking at local schools to start training again but decided to go back to my old school in St. Albans, WV.

OP
T

te75uo

Auctually I am in Elkview, but I might as well say Charleston. What did you think watching the classes? I am interisted in Akido, and TKD but do no5t have the money for several classes. I enjoy Shaolin Do and have become loyal to the school. I am still in the "weeding out" period in Shaolin Do witch lasts till the brown belt level, but am enjoying myself.

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
te75uo said:
Auctually I am in Elkview, but I might as well say Charleston. What did you think watching the classes?
I actually live in Cross Lanes oddly enough. The classes looked fun enough and it also looked like it was a good workout.

Latest Discussions