Tactical Flashlight

Discussion in 'General Weapons Discussion' started by Juany118, Nov 17, 2016.

1. jobo

jobo Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

doesnt flood lighting the area just make every one aware you are there, if you cant see them they can't see you,ove quietly like a ninja

2. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

It is a compromise. For me I will go to a break in. And if for some reason I dont just wait out the front and call the cops. I will kick the doors, turn my torch on and call out. Hopefully if there is someone in there they will save me the trouble and run away.

Now If I am suddenly face to face to them. They have to make the decision whether to go through me. Which is more trouble.

3. morymorya

morymorya White Belt

I bought a GearLight for my daughter and she can put it in her pocket. I looked at its quality, it was strong, and it was strong enough to be a great tactical flashlight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Invisibleflash

Invisibleflash Yellow Belt

Born in L.A.-NYC is 2nd home-Rustbelt is home base
    Yes, mag light is the legal kubaton in NYC. Sorry I gave away my old one when I moved onto the hi output led's.

5. Invisibleflash

Don't know. Maybe. If an issue I'd cut ring off if I could.

I always wanted a dedicated strobe. I wonder how reliable it is. In current trim the NYC cope may pull you in. Weapons of any form are illegal.

6. Invisibleflash

Looks like something you Brits should have. Or would there be a problem with it in England? I read the poor Brits have to use a bar of soap in a sock or rolled up newspapers to fight off attackers.

Has anyone bought one of these lights? How does it hold up? Any issues with it? I use Surefire myself.

7. Invisibleflash

Light may not be bright enuf. Go in a dark room, real dark, shine 1200 lumen in your eyes. See what happens. If it is not dark enough, lights don't work as well. Unless you are someone very special, I can't see for some time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jobo

jobo Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

yes, having anything which carries the label tactical can be a problem I can't see blinding someone with light as a major problem but hitting them it with may be, just carry something designed to hit with is a big issue, we can however carry a substantial torch and co indedentally find it in our hand if we are attacked

rolled up news papers make an extremely effective weapon,if you have time to roll them

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  9. Invisibleflash

My light only has full power or off. I used to have a low and high setting light. Had an altercation and used low by mistake. That was enough of a lucky warning for me.

10. Invisibleflash

See if you can cut it off.

11. Invisibleflash

You can use a Class IV laser for defense. But it can cause permanent eye damage. In the USA, when / if the soft civil war turns into a hard civil war, they may come in handy. A laser can be useful 50 yards or more.

12. Invisibleflash

Those bezels can cause lots of blood and permanent disfigurement. If you are hauled into court maybe an issue. I use Surefire myself. Much less aggressive bezel. I do like the dedicated flash feature of the light being discussed. That is what is of interest. I'd cut off the finger ring.

13. Invisibleflash

Yes, never thought about that. I'd have to see how the strobe affected me in the dark.

14. Invisibleflash

You would have to test it out. That would make a good YT video. Strobe vs normal light.

15. Invisibleflash

You can't shoot everyone that pushes you. In NYC you can't carry a gun. Now what's your plan? If you are an old man and can still fight, great for you. But all us old guys are not that lucky.

16. Invisibleflash

What is wrong with kubaton?

I don't use one for keys, but they are great for hammer fist strikes. Although in NYC can't carry em. As was noted earlier, flashlight is your kubaton in NYC.

17. Invisibleflash

Yes, good advice. If a knife attacks it is best to gas them or light them up then take them out with baton or other strikes. Although if you gas em, especially with cone spray, you may get blowback. Kubaton is good for hammer strikes. That is all I use mine for. I don't keep keys on it. Life is not perfect, gotta do best you can.

18. Invisibleflash

This should all be settled on YT. Make a video timing how long useful vison takes to return when being blinded from various lumen lights.

19. Invisibleflash

Good video, good advice, esp 'get out' after strike. But light is too short. If they got a knife, a longer light can be used in a hammer fist to the temple. Once they use deadly force, all bets are off. Make sure they don't get up and take off after you...with knife.

Here is a quote form an old mentor of mine...Jeff Cooper on consideration. (Quote condensed)

"Anyone who willfully and maliciously attacks another without sufficient cause deserves no consideration. We are fully justified in valuing the life and person of the intended victim more highly than the life of the pernicious assailant. The attacked must be stopped - at once and completely. An armed man is dangerous as long as he is conscious. Take no chances - put him out. When your life is in danger and under lethal attack don't be kind - Be harsh - Be tough - Be ruthless.'

20. lklawson

lklawson Senior Master

• Advisor
    A "push" is seldom justification for Deadly Force regardless of the tool used. Even in New York you can't bludgeon someone to death with a flashlight "that just pushes you." The firearm, knife, or bludgeoning D-Cell Mag Light, are all considered Deadly Force. Sorry, but it's a non sequitur argument.

Choose the most effective tool which you can legally use in your environment and can effectively employ (preferably because you've gotten training in proper and effective use) whether it's a gun, a knife, or pepper spray.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk123