Systema training in Kazakhstan

olaf.sebastian.j

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all RMA people!
I recently went to Almaty in Kazakhstan to train with Systema Ryabko's section there. Made a small video about my thoughts and impressions. It might be interesting for some of you, maybe you want to make the trip too and explore a little bit of one of the largest countries in Central Asia. [emoji4]

The clips I posted from training are pretty random stuff from regular training and not meant to prove or disprove the effectiveness of Systema. It's just meant to give you a picture of what training might look like.

I have been training with some different Systema instructors in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan during the last years and I think it's interesting to see how the styles of teaching varies from individual to individual just like in any martial art. But everyone I trained with shared the same principles of heavy focus on breathing, relaxation and posture in stressfull situations. This way of teaching is something I find quite unique to Systema and I think it may really be helpful for long term health and sustainability in practice and everyday life. Being a strength & conditioning coach I find it very interesting not only for martial arts application but also for general conditioning.

If you have any comments, questions or thoughts please let me know!
/Olof

Skickat från min SM-A500FU via Tapatalk

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing Olaf. Love it when we are training and the little ones are running by. Great energy.

Regards
Brian King

Latest Discussions