Sylvia vs. Couture

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
Randy is awesome, It truly inspires me as I get older (only 33 ) To really keep training and not succomb to what is o.k for older martial artists.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of wish it WAS.

Randy is such a classy athlete, a nice guy, it would be great to see him going out on a high note, and it doesn't get any higher than this :)

Unfortunately, he has three more fights in his contract, from what I hear, the next of which is likely to be vs Cro-cop. :(

I say, screw the contract and go out on top! ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean. :) Out of curiosity, what is the ground skill of Cro cop?

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean. :) Out of curiosity, what is the ground skill of Cro cop?

Cro Cop has exhibited good ground defense and a good ability to get back up. He also had Fedor in a decent armbar in their fight. However the thing I'd be most worried about is his takedown defense. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman are two of the best at takedowns and Cro Cop was able to keep either of them from taking him down.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cro Cop has exhibited good ground defense and a good ability to get back up. He also had Fedor in a decent armbar in their fight. However the thing I'd be most worried about is his takedown defense. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman are two of the best at takedowns and Cro Cop was able to keep either of them from taking him down.

WOW!! Well, going by that, it seems like he's pretty well rounded.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Your right about Coleman and Randleman however i think things will be different in the cage since you have the ability to push taller guys into the side of the cage and then sweep the legs, its very hard to do that in the ring, straight shoots are easier to defend.

I dont think Cro cop will get a title shot just yet, He's at least two more fights away, he's fighting one in england and i think he'll have one more in the states and then a shot.....lol imagine if Tim Syliva draws cro cop for his comeback fight.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
...lol imagine if Tim Syliva draws cro cop for his comeback fight.

I hope he does. I think a lot of people want to see a Sylvia vs Cro Cop bout.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I hope he does. I think a lot of people want to see a Sylvia vs Cro Cop bout.

lol yep the question is on everybodies mind....can Cro Cop's left leg reach that high? lol

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lol yep the question is on everybodies mind....can Cro Cop's left leg reach that high? lol

That's not even a question, I've seen some of cro cops workout videos. He can definitely hit Sylvia in the head. Especially considering he knocked out Aleksander Emelianenko with a head kick and he is 6'6". Two more inches isn't going to make that big of a difference if you saw how flush he kicked him. :)

250px-CroCopKick.JPG

Latest Discussions