Sylvia vs. Couture

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Very nice! Let's hear it for the old guys ... LOL

Only part of the whole thing that was embarrassing was the Rogan interview with Sylvia following the loss ... trying to make an excuse, Tim claiming to have come into the fight with an injury. Whether or not he had, it was not the time, take your beating and go home, come back strong. Kudos to the fans for letting him no that was wrong ... Randy took it to him.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have to watch the replay today, which is starting in about 15 min. Seemed like they were having technical difficulty last night, so the picture would go from clear, to dark with lines, to a grey screen. This repeated itself for the entire fight. Now, I'm really looking forward to seeing this!!:ultracool

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
, Tim claiming to have come into the fight with an injury. Whether or not he had, it was not the time, take your beating and go home, come back strong. Kudos to the fans for letting him no that was wrong ...

I'll give him credit... he had just come off the lose and probably had a million things running through his head about what happened and just blurted it out without thinking as something on his mind. Credit though that he sensed 'oops, that was stupid' (especially from the fan reaction) and backtracked on what he said. Didn't sound like he was trying to make excuses publically as to why he lost to take away from Randy; just thinking to himself about what led up to it, and said something he realized that came across in a way he didn't intend.

loyalonehk

Orange Belt
Reaction score
, Tim claiming to have come into the fight with an injury. Whether or not he had, it was not the time, take your beating and go home, come back strong. Kudos to the fans for letting him no that was wrong ...

I'll give him credit... he had just come off the lose and probably had a million things running through his head about what happened and just blurted it out without thinking as something on his mind. Credit though that he sensed 'oops, that was stupid' (especially from the fan reaction) and backtracked on what he said. Didn't sound like he was trying to make excuses publically as to why he lost to take away from Randy; just thinking to himself about what led up to it, and said something he realized that came across in a way he didn't intend.

Agreed - we are all human and loosing sucks. He did try to regain face but once its out there... You cant take it back. All in all, I was very impressed with the sportsmanship of all the fighters.

I also enjoyed Rogans comment about "Stand ups". This is a sport and you need to be well rounded in all areas that apply to the "sport". Sylvia seems like in the beggining he was looking for the stand up to get him out of a bad spot instead of working with his tools in that area more.

To refresh memories; Rogan commented along the lines that stand ups should not be allowed - its done more often to keep the fight action from getting "Boring". Well, like he said "Baseball is a lot more boring to watch.

I also agree with the comment that the fighters should be allowed to knee to the head while on the ground. They do it standing, why not on the ground. But giving credit to Randy, he does use the rules and knows how to work them in his time of need.

Just my .5c's...
Any thoughts from you guys on this?

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
A great job by Mr. Couture. Simply outstanding job on his part.

Class, skill, and indomitable spirit all in one package.

:asain:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow.

I am so glad he didn't come back and get beaten to a pulp. I think that would have been a sad ending to such a classy fighter. Usually I groan when people come out of retirement and think to myself "why?" but I am glad he fought well and won. Unfortunately I missed the fight. Can't wait to see it.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I watched the fight yesterday afternoon. I, like the people in attendance at the arena, was on my feet for that fight!! I thought for sure Randy had a KO with that opening, kick/punch combo!!! Tim was clearly dazed from that. Despite a height and reach advantage, Randy dominated the fight.

Not sure of the injury Tim had, but regardless, I tip my hat to him as well.

I hope this is not the last we see of Randy!!

Mike

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope this is not the last we see of Randy!!

I kind of wish it WAS.

Randy is such a classy athlete, a nice guy, it would be great to see him going out on a high note, and it doesn't get any higher than this :)

Unfortunately, he has three more fights in his contract, from what I hear, the next of which is likely to be vs Cro-cop. :(

I say, screw the contract and go out on top! ;)

Shotgun Buddha

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I kind of wish it WAS.

Randy is such a classy athlete, a nice guy, it would be great to see him going out on a high note, and it doesn't get any higher than this :)

Unfortunately, he has three more fights in his contract, from what I hear, the next of which is likely to be vs Cro-cop. :(

I say, screw the contract and go out on top! ;)

I know what you mean, I really liked Randy watching him fight like that, it really impressed me. But Cro-cop is well, Cro Cop.

I almost wish Sylvia had won just to see him get kicked in the head...

The Kidd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The heavyweight division of the UFC has just become very interesting (finally!)

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Seen this picture yet?

Attachments

• $captaincouture.jpg
    $captaincouture.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 155

Latest Discussions