sword demo gone bad

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well if I'm ever drunk enought o let some dumbass swing away at me, please just kill me and get it over.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I second Terry. If I was ever that dumb, just shoot me in the head.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well thats someone with absolute faith in their instructor. There are a lot of folk who think their instructors are these great infailible people... but lets face it, even a great master is only human. I wouldnt let my instructor do that to me, and I have a great deal of faith in his ability.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have seen it happen a few times where the student moved or the instructor hick- uped and someone got cut. Luckily most demo's go smoothly but that still dose not nulify the risk

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wouldnt let my instructor do that to me, and I have a great deal of faith in his ability.
Trust me, I'm not like the others...
:)
...and other great lines heard from bars and nightclubs.

So this demo could be titled, "When martial arts parlor tricks go bad."

Gray Phoenix

Green Belt
Reaction score
What do you say to something like that.. most martial artists know of all kinds stupid things like this sword demo that are actual taught techniques. ie.. walking barefoot on the sword edge, picking up a pot of burning coal to brand your arms, putting your head through concrete blocks. punch this brick, let me hit you with a sledge.. The list goes on. Most of these practitioners will come up with some esoteric mumbo to try and justify the technique. But then again, the very next ninja to try and mug me in an alley may very well have wooden armor for me to punch through.

ludde

White Belt
Reaction score
Tameshigiri cutting tattami aren&#8217;t macho enough?
Why in the hell do a stunt like that at all, all it proves is how little martial art understanding you have, even if the stunt went good.

Latest Discussions