Superbowl Ads

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Pretty soon those wild, funny, thoughtful, and just plain fun Superbowl Ads will be hitting the airway. We'll all have our favorites so post 'em here when you find them on You-Tube or elsewhere.
If you're lucky you can find them ahead of time.

A deaf friend of mine sent this to me, oh and there's nothing wrong with the sound.
[yt]ffrq6cUoE5A[/yt]

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Of course with the above commercial there is a lot of excitement going on... as example this lady!
[yt]rNeArj-tjMg&NR[/yt]
... oh alright, here's a transcript of what the lady said! :rolleyes:
"YES!
I just viewed the advertisement on YouTube. This advertisement will be shown in two weeks for the Super Bowl football game.
This commercial was created by the company called PepsiCo. PepsiCo and EnAble worked together to make this commercial specifically for Deaf audience, and it comes with Deaf characters with a story based on the deaf-related joke!

Ahhh, this is PERFECT! That is marketing ASL (American Sign Language) and Deaf (culture). PERFECT!

Continue marketing ASL more!

Yes!"

[yt]cD7uLrjKpuY[/yt]

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those are great, Ralph, thanks - especially because I don't watch football, and I wouldn't have seen them otherwise.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My own all-time favorite is the '1984'-themed ad which introduced the first Macintosh from Apple Computers getting well on for a quarter of a century ago. Anyone see that one? A lot of people in the ad business apparently regard it as the single greatest advertisement of all time. I can well believe that...

If anyone has a link to that ad in its entirety, please post it!

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
:highfive::highfive::partyon: :highfive::highfive:

Thanks!!!

- Ceicei

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course with the above commercial there is a lot of excitement going on... as example this lady!

... oh alright, here's a transcript of what the lady said! :rolleyes:
I'll be watching! ;)

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, I'm pissed. They didn't play the ad as promised. Unless I missed it during a quick bathroom break but others with me said they didn't see it.
:bird: Ppppfffftttt on Pespi-corp. :bird:

They promised and they failed to deliver. Lots of deaf folks I know were very excited to see this (for real) and they were let down. My dad (who's been deaf all his life) says it's typical. Yeah, sure they made it but they didn't show it.
It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I missed it and all the ads! We did watch a little of "Puppy Bowl" on the Animal Channel.

LOL! Complete with the Kitty Cat halftime! I watched some of that just before the Super Bowl.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I missed it and all the ads! We did watch a little of "Puppy Bowl" on the Animal Channel.
According to the game announcers you can watch all the ads shown on a myspace blog...

you just won't see the one that I (and at least a couple million other deaf people) were hoping for.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I was hoping the deaf add would make it out :( i thought it was really neat that pepsi was trying to be ore diverse

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was hoping the deaf add would make it out :( i thought it was really neat that pepsi was trying to be ore diverse
yeah, I'm really more disappointed than angry... my (step) mother was looking forward to seeing it since it was the main topic after church, she told me when she got home.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing any Pepsi ads at the Superbowl this time around.

Most of the ads this year were dumb.