Superbowl 51

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this. Reckon this is going to be a high scoring game. As much as I admire the Patriot machine, I would like to see the Falcons win this. Either way, I hope both teams bring thier A game and just fight without yellow flags.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I kind of like the Falcons. Dan Quinn was the Seahawks defensive coordinator for our Superbowl win a few years back and I was sorry to see him go. Great guy, and I'm not at all surprised to see him having success in Atlanta. I like their team personality.

AND, I HATE the Cheatriots. :D

I think it's going to be a close game, but this is Atlanta's year. I wouldn't mind if the Falcon's just kill them, though. I mean, 40 to 6 would be GREAT.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of like the Falcons. Dan Quinn was the Seahawks defensive coordinator for our Superbowl win a few years back and I was sorry to see him go. Great guy, and I'm not at all surprised to see him having success in Atlanta. I like their team personality.

AND, I HATE the Cheatriots. :D

I think it's going to be a close game, but this is Atlanta's year. I wouldn't mind if the Falcon's just kill them, though. I mean, 40 to 6 would be GREAT.

Yeah that would be great Steve. Obviously I am not a expert, but I am rooting for the Falcons.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If the Patriots are off, or if they commit turnovers, they'll win by 3.
If they're on, it's a 41 to 30 game.

Unfortunately, I have to work. Many people will be texting and calling me to keep me updated. If they lose, I'll go home and cry, won't even watch the game. It would be too painful.

But when they win, which they will, I'll be up all night watching the game several times.

Deal with it, all Patriot haters. Bwahahahaha!

Last edited:

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Important episode of football this weekend, lots of cosplay going on and I hear tickets to the Con are outrageous.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Patriots are off, or if they commit turnovers, they'll win by 3.
If they're on, it's a 41 to 30 game.

Unfortunately, I have to work. Many people will be texting and calling me to keep me updated. If they lose, I'll go home and cry, won't even watch the game. It would be too painful.

But when they win, which they will, I'll be up all night watching the game several times.

Deal with it, all Patriot haters. Bwahahahaha!

Yeah I guess so. From what I saw on the NFL show we have on the beeb here, Dallas were favourites to get through. Their young QB had a bit of mare, so you never know. Just glad I booked Monday off work.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like a grand a ticket?

More like 10.

I don't have a dog in the race. I'm not a real follower of football anyway. I support the Broncos when they're playing, because Colorado.

So this year, I'm backing the Falcons. Because the Sex Offender In Chief likes New England.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More like 10.

I don't have a dog in the race. I'm not a real follower of football anyway. I support the Broncos when they're playing, because Colorado.

So this year, I'm backing the Falcons. Because the Sex Offender In Chief likes New England.

Does he now. That is a lot of money.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does he now. That is a lot of money.

OK, so I went and checked on stubhub. Seats in the nosebleed section are $2200+, Front row on the 50 are "only" $5000+

Packages, which include a seat on the 15-20 yard line, a couple of parties, and such, are $11,000. Plus flight, hotel, etc.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
original-d66512062b05523552ad1a5dc7a509c2.jpg

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going into the media/sports room armed with my beer and my happy attitude, because my wife lost a bet and she's got to wear the sexy referee outfit I bought for her.

In other words, I'm going to watch the game, but I don't really have a preference who wins, as I can see good storylines coming out of a win for either the Patriots or the Falcons.

Patriots: Goodell has to hand the Lombardi Trophy to Brady, which is awesome justice coming to pass (No, I'm not a Patriots fan, I just can't stand the wasting of my time with that nonsense. Deflate-Gate my hind end), Brady gets 5 rings and ends the discussion about "Who is the greates quarterback ever?" 5 rings, full stop. Stop whining 49'er fans. Joe is No. 2, can we move on please?

Falcons: The Patriots didn't win (Remember, I'm not a Patriots fan), Matt Ryan gets his due as an Elite QB, the Falcons get their first trophy/championship, and way too many people get caught on camera doing the Dirty Bird.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I was watching it. A couple of minutes into the 2nd quarter, my signal starts to drop (I don't have cable or satellite - just an antenna) for 2 minutes at a time. After putting up with it a few times, I reluctantly just turned it off.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I was watching it. A couple of minutes into the 2nd quarter, my signal starts to drop (I don't have cable or satellite - just an antenna) for 2 minutes at a time. After putting up with it a few times, I reluctantly just turned it off.

Gerry, what a game so far. You just missed a brilliant intercepton and TD. Yeah, Patriots who :D

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thinking about me too. I have Freeview of a standard analogue ariel. Should not work in the digital age, but just lucky. Also lucky that I can stream from my Xbox if needed. Maybe a console a future option for you, maybe.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That Falcons team is looking good. They're driving for another touchdown. Looks like I might get my blowout! Fingers crossed.

Latest Discussions