Sukerkin strikes gold!!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think you chaps have the right of it there i.e. that the 'Thanks' facility makes it much easier for people to convey an "I agree"/"Well said" et al without going through the Rep System or making a full post.

It's actually something I approve of myself because I have always felt a bit of a post-whore if I only made a post to "Me too!" someone elses words :).

I reckon I must just have been having a little 'cold early hours of the morning' blues & paranoia in my previous post :lol:. Thanks for the reassurance, gentlemen :tup:.

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I reckon I must just have been having a little 'cold early hours of the morning' blues & paranoia in my previous post :lol:. Thanks for the reassurance, gentlemen :tup:.

I know, I know—as a fellow night-owl, the world looks really weird at 2:30a.m. or later, and your thinking takes on the quality of a hall of distorting mirrors. And I've noticed, in my own response to MT posting, that I use the 'Thanks' button much more—where once upon a time I'd have given rep, because it really was the only way to signify approval without that kind of redundant 'me too' quality. I suspect it's the same for a lot of other regular posters on the site.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Personally, I enjoy getting the "Thanks" more than the rep points..... it shows people are reading the stuff I post and getting some benefit. Given all that I learn here, the gratitude received in return I find pleasant.

"Thanks" are also public recognition where the rep comments are not. Its nice to see a few pop up when there's a spirited debate going on. Where I will be in trouble is if Bob puts in the "No, thanks" function I jokingly suggested some time ago.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Definitely, I've largely 'migrated' to the thanks system, but still wil rep. when I'm moved to do so!

Latest Discussions