Sukerkin strikes gold!!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mind you, I've just blotted my copybook a little over in the "Elections" section :eek:. The negative, hate-anything-Obama tactics tweaked my nerves just at the wrong moment and my keyboard went mad :eek:. I should delete it really but people have replied now and it wouldn't be fair.

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... and now jks has struck gold as well—nicely done, Jim!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For he's a jolly good fellow...
You obviously weren't talking to me this afternoon... Definitely not jolly. (Long, long weekend and day of work, with way too much administrative stupidity & BS making it even more frustrating when someone was a step and a half behind where I'd expect 'em to be... Too little sleep... and definitely not a happy -- or jolly -- camper!)

But I appreciate the sentiment! It's really all the little people out there repping me that made it possible... (in my best TV star receiving an award voice)

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's really all the little people out there repping me that made it possible... (in my best TV star receiving an award voice)

Yes, there's that angle... or you could have used the, 'When I'm posting, I never think about rep, I'm just trying to do my best for the team. I'm happy if I can get the job done. We all need to think about the team, and what it takes to win, and that means putting some points on the board....' ... in other words, the ESPN script. :D.

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... and in case there's anyone who hasn't noticed, jks has struck gold again!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Huzzar!

On a related note, I have noted that I'm not getting much in the way of positive feedback recently. Does this simply mean that I'm not posting as much of late or that I'm turning into a 'light-weight'?

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Huzzar!

On a related note, I have noted that I'm not getting much in the way of positive feedback recently. Does this simply mean that I'm not posting as much of late or that I'm turning into a 'light-weight'?

You couldn't be light-weight if you tried, Mark. One thing I've noticed: sometimes people like posts that have been just fired off on impulse, so to speak, while the stuff you really sweated over lands in a well and sinks without a trace... it may have to do with who in particular is reading what, and when. I really don't think you need to be to worried about the reception your posts get! These things come and go, and it's hard to say why... :idunno:

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
How about some good ole single malt scotch from a scottsman my friend. Well deserved.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Huzzar!

Well, there's no diminution of quality, either in general or in your fine contributions. I wonder if the "Thanks" system is in part responsible... it is much easier to hit a "Thanks" for a good post and then keep reading down the thread. I wonder how many times folks are saying "Thanks" when previously they'd have been going through the positive feedback process. You have unusually high total postiive rep - but also a very large "Thanks" score as well..... so I wouldn't worry.

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, there's no diminution of quality, either in general or in your fine contributions. I wonder if the "Thanks" system is in part responsible... it is much easier to hit a "Thanks" for a good post and then keep reading down the thread. I wonder how many times folks are saying "Thanks" when previously they'd have been going through the positive feedback process. You have unusually high total postiive rep - but also a very large "Thanks" score as well..... so I wouldn't worry.

I think that's a lot of it—maybe most of it. I also suspect it was Bob's intention, part of the deflation of the rep system that he instituted at the beginning of last year.

Latest Discussions