Stuff that's just Wrong~!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CHICAGO (Reuters) - An Ohio woman was served a salad containing part of a restaurant worker's thumb sliced off while chopping lettuce, a health official said on Friday.

The woman "thought it was gristle or something like that" when she tried to chew the unexpected garnish, said William Franks, health commissioner for Stark County, where the incident occurred earlier this week.

"Physically I think she's OK, other than hysteria," Franks added.

Stark County officials did not release the woman's name.

The restaurant worker accidentally sliced off the tip of his thumb while chopping the ingredients on Monday night at the Red Robin restaurant near Canton, Ohio, he said.

Despite a search, it could not be found.

"The salad should have been discarded," Franks said.

Instead, the workers sanitized the counter area and then refrigerated the ingredients before rushing off to get medical help for the man.

The salad fixings were then served to a lunch crowd on Tuesday, when the piece of thumb was discovered by the patron. The restaurant is part of Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Inc. .

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure that the next resturant critic that eats there will give it at least one thumbs up... or is that thumbs off??

Bill Parsons

G

Gary Crawford

bdparsons said:
Well, I'm sure that the next resturant critic that eats there will give it at least one thumbs up... or is that thumbs off??

Bill Parsons
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K

KenpoGirl

bdparsons said:

Bill Parsons
BOOOOO, HIIIISSSS

That was BAD!!!!

Dot
:idunno:

S

ShaolinWolf

HUUUUAAAGH!!!!...ok, now I'm better....wipes mouth...

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I should not have read this while eating my breakfast this morning- kinda ruined the meal somehow!! Gross, just gross.....blah!!

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Mental Note: NO Red Robin in Canton... Check...

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Woman Gets Criminal Record for Petting Dog

SAN JOSE, Calif. (March 11) - All Tamar Sherman wanted to do was pet a dog and give it some water. Sherman's act left her with a criminal record.

A few months ago, Sherman was walking near her South San Jose home and encountered a dog left outside in the cold while its owners were inside.

Sherman, a member of a national group called Dogs Deserve Better, decided to pet the dog on a few occassions and once gave it water. That didn't please the dog's owner.

"When I went out there to fill up the dog bowl, this woman was standing in my back yard," attorney Ron Berki told the San Jose Mercury News. "My response was, `Who ... are you?' She told me, `I'm here to pet your dog."'

For that, Sherman pleaded guilty this week to two misdemeanors - trespassing and prowling - and was sentenced to 75 hours of community service and a year of probation. She also was ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from Berki's home.

"I just wanted to find out if a dog that seemed to be in distress was OK," Sherman told the paper. "I do not think my actions were a crime in comparison with abuse or neglect of +animals+."

Berki denies that his dog, Bailey, was abused or neglected, saying the dog sleeps inside with him every night.

"If Miss Sherman was so concerned about my dog, it would have been easy to come to my front door and speak to me directly," he said.

Latest Discussions