Strom With Pants Down

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by upnorthkyosa
We Shall See. Mr. Bush and the rest of his cronies are going to have a hell of a fight despite their millions in blood money.

And don't forget about Ashcroft's campaign financing shenanigans. Where's the uproar about that? Where's the official investigations and grand juries and all that that plagued every second of Clinton's presidency for alleged infractions that never even approached the seriousness of the crap that the current administration is getting away with? What ever happened to the issue where the Bush administration revealed the identity of that ambassador's undercover agent wife (Victoria Plame????). Isn't that a major crime? Why is Bush and his fellow conservatives exempt from any responsibility for their vicious and irresponsible behavior? Clinton was far from perfect but compared to Bush, he may as well have been an angel (not that I think he is. He's a politician after all). Bush, as far as I'm concerned, is a perfect example of the maxim: Those who seek power do not deserve it.

OP
M

MisterMike

We Shall See. Mr. Bush and the rest of his cronies are going to have a hell of a fight despite their millions in blood money.

Sorry, but Dean or whoever the Dem's muster up is the one with the uphill battle. They won't be able to give away enough cigarette cartons to get enough illegals to vote this time.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There has been a few threads with some politcal discussion of late.

The only thing I have been able to see from it all is that everyone involved has dirty hands, and all sides have something in their history.

This reminds me of the Hatfields and the McCoys' and not know what the insult was over 100 years ago that started the fued. I have some other fictional references to countries and or planets , and or religious orders that faught like this for years or decades, not know the why they faught or were fighting over which knee to bend to the ground when paying respect.

How do we address the issue?

How do we get by all these issues from the past?

:confused: Not sure

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by MisterMike
Sorry, but Dean or whoever the Dem's muster up is the one with the uphill battle. They won't be able to give away enough cigarette cartons to get enough illegals to vote this time.

Especially when all the companies that provide the new-fangled voting machines are working so hard to get votes for Republicans.

I'm so surprised that Chuck Hagel is involved in this stuff... I really thought he was a stand up guy....

How do we get by all these issues from the past?
We bring up new issues from the present :( Like Diebold, for instance.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This reminds me of the Hatfields and the McCoys' and not know what the insult was over 100 years ago that started the fued.

We seem to get so bi-partisen that we follow what our "party" says. I don't know when people will be able to start making decisions off what is right and logical, rather then what the party they support says.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Yes, uphill. Especially when the news that the Bush family bankrolled Nazis comes out. Bush Senior funded his campaign for president with money they made in the Auschwitz work camp!!!!

Look at the people who escaped prosecution at Nuremburg...Prescott Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

OP
M

MisterMike

Yes, uphill. Especially when the news that the Bush family bankrolled Nazis comes out. Bush Senior funded his campaign for president with money they made in the Auschwitz work camp!!!!

Look at the people who escaped prosecution at Nuremburg...Prescott Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, that theory has a real lot to do with George W. Bush.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yea, that theory has a real lot to do with George W. Bush.

One of my martial arts students is working on his phd in philosophy. He is writing a book on the Bush family and researching their ties to Nazis. He is also researching some other, not-to-savory information. I've helped him edit some of the passages. Quite a family...and the stuff about W is classic out of control pampered rich boy - a bit different then the cowboy image, don't you think? It should be published in August. Just in the nick of time, ya know what I mean...;)

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Unfortunatily, that news has been out for a long time. People don't think it has anything to do with "W"; I'd say they are probably correct on this one. Unless there is somehow a connection to the sins of Prescot to George W. through a means other then family wealth and blood line, then I'd say you can't blame someone for the sins of their family members.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
Unfortunatily, that news has been out for a long time. People don't think it has anything to do with "W"; I'd say they are probably correct on this one. Unless there is somehow a connection to the sins of Prescot to George W. through a means other then family wealth and blood line, then I'd say you can't blame someone for the sins of their family members.

Some of the money funding their politics comes from dead jews in Auschwitz! Seriously, don't you think that should matter?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and the stuff about W is classic out of control pampered rich boy

Now THAT stuff holds more water then the Prescott connection! I find it laughable that he blames his Drinking problems (among other things) on a wild youth, which ends up helping him because people percieve him as more "real." What they don't realize is that his drinking didn't stop until the mid-80's, when he was in his mid-30's.

Well, I guess when your a spoiled rich kid, "youth" can last as long as you'd like! :rofl:

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Ah yes. Ties to Nazis. Because the rest of us have none. Proud of the space program? Read about Werner von Braun and Operation Paperclip...Camp 'Dora,' Peenemunde ring any bells? It's the Wright Bros. anniversary...and hey, how 'bout that Lucky Lindy giving pro-Nazi speeches late, late in the 1930s? His photos with Adolf? Drive a VW (I do)? Who comissioned it? Read about the indeminities VW ended up paying lately? Like the Kennedys? Read about ol' Joseph, while Ambassador to England in the 1930s...and do kenpo? In favor of Ollie North, who's on on the wacked-out Christian channels? Right-wing death squads on behalf of oligarchs and fascists, anyone? Do kenpo? Mr. Parker awarded that SOB Augusto Pinochet a black belt...I've seen the tape. Nice, eh? Plenty of blame to go around...

Meanwhile, back here at home, it turns out that ol' Strom, who was 22 at the time, knocked up a 16-year-old. The commentator Earl Ofari Hutchinson now finds that HE'S related to the SOB...which has gotta be embarassing.

And the ex-gov of Illinois--a Republican, George what's-'is-name, just got indicted on corruption and bribery charges. The republican gov of Connecticut says we need to move forward, past the fact that he had businessmen and contributors build him a summer home...

Boy, that there moral high ground is sure melting away...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by rmcrobertson

And the ex-gov of Illinois--a Republican, George what's-'is-name, just got indicted on corruption and bribery charges.

Boy, that there moral high ground is sure melting away...

And now Illinios has a Governor that is a Democrat who supports the Mayor of Chicago's illegaly tearing up an airfield in the middle of the night and telling everyone who's plane was stranded there "Oh well" A governer who screams about political corruption and overspending but supports other democrats with a proven record of mob ties, who only grant contracts to people who are related to him or in his pocket in some way...

But that's supposed to be better than the ex-gov of Illinois getting indicted on corruption and bribery charges, simply because he is a democrat? Come on rmcrobertson, lets face it... whichever side of the fence you are on Left or Right, there are people in power who are corrupt and arrogant... Just because they wear the same lable as you, doesnt make them Perfect.

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Let me try and break this gently: Rush to the contrary, not everybody who disagrees with you are Democrats and liberals.
I don't vote Democrat, I'm not a liberal.

And if you'll read the thread, you will see, I think, that I am mainly going off about hypocrisy. By and large, with some exceptions, Dems and liberals don't lecture the country at large on its decline and fall, their lower moral stature, etc.

Republicans like Sen. Thurmond did, and do. They go off about Bill Clinton, and overlook or explain away their crooked ones.

And before you start one of these, "You people never say anything about Democrats!" rants, please go back and read the thread.

And one last thing the Republicans do in this regard: they crack me up. I loved it when that race-baiting hypocrite got exposed. I loved it when Bill Bennett, ex-Sec. of Education, self-appointed moral czar, writer of "Readings From the Book of Morals," got busted for being a compulsive gambler, and tried to mealy-mouth his way out of it. I loved it--well, actually, I felt sorry for him but I still loved it--when Das Rush fessed up to being just another sad junkie.

Guess I'm old-fashioned. Obvious corruption bugs me, especially when it's tied to self-righteous sermonizing.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by rmcrobertson

Guess I'm old-fashioned. Obvious corruption bugs me, especially when it's tied to self-righteous sermonizing.

Oi Oi. I hear that!

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Members of both parties engage in self-righteous sermonizing and hypocrisy. Members of both parties are corrupt. The only difference between them is their choice of sermonizing topics.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharp Phil
Members of both parties engage in self-righteous sermonizing and hypocrisy. Members of both parties are corrupt. The only difference between them is their choice of sermonizing topics.

Amen

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Funny, though, that so many of them appear to be Republicans, ain't it?

Funny, too, that they're so often hypocrites about sex and "race..." unlike democrats, who tend to be simple morons about this stuff.

Funniest of all that the republicans and rightists and "conservatives," are the ones with the biggest mouths about the slack morals of the rest of us.