Striking in the Filipino MA?

S

speakman

Ive heard that Escrima and Kali do actually have some serious striking in their form, not just stick or knife. I have found someone locally that will teach private, and the more I hear about the Filipino arts, the more I am interested...

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
speakman said:
Ive heard that Escrima and Kali do actually have some serious striking in their form, not just stick or knife.

Yes. The translation from weapon to empty hand is common in FMA.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can also try reading this recent Thread

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
speakman said:
Ive heard that Escrima and Kali do actually have some serious striking in their form, not just stick or knife. I have found someone locally that will teach private, and the more I hear about the Filipino arts, the more I am interested...

Which FMA Will U be taking???

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
speakman said:
Hi, I would go with the person and find out, it is really a good fighting style, sticks or not. I would want both though. I recommend it whole heartally...

Regards, Gary

OP
S

speakman

ace said:
Which FMA Will U be taking???
THanks guys.

Ace, it seems there is a gentleman near me that teaches Kali and JKD. Ive heard alot about a JKD regimine that takes alot of Filipino moves, but come to find out, he is qualified to teach Kali as well as JKD seperatly...

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Who is the Instructor?????

It does sound realy Good.
Good Luck to Uuuuu The Experince of FMA
is 1 to walk proud with.

Latest Discussions