Street Thai Martial Arts: Q&A's

Collateral Damage

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello guys!
I created this thread so that all manners of answers related to practical and street Muay Thai and grappling, as well as training and everything related to such including best methods and flexibility etc, an be given.
So feel free to post!
Just check your language though....

OP
Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

White Belt
Reaction score
I am writing the first thing so as to get things started.
Is a longer, harder heavy bag or a shorter one better for training?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with Tez3 above. Both are good training tools. The longer one may not move around as much as the shorter one but allows for lower strikes.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to depends basically on what space you have and whether you can hang it or have to have a floor standing one, there really is no 'bets' one for training.
I've never heard of 'street' MT, as Muay Thai, at least in it's homeland is a sporting style for competition. Not sure how you make it 'street' though my teenage Guides tell me calling anything 'street' means it's fashionable lol. :)

OP
Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing up the point Tez3!
Yup saying street makes it fashionable
But what I meant was actually Muay Boran..........but since what I practice is a hybrid of ninjutsu, judo, aikido and Muay Boran with its ancient counterparts, the art is quite deadly. We also spar with just 4-7oz MMA gloves
Our training is done with only Handwraps to protect the skin of knuckles

OP
Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

White Belt
Reaction score
I like getting my heavy bags full of Wood shavings.
This way they don't settle much and when they do, it makes the bottom hard enough to properly condition my shins

OP
Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

White Belt
Reaction score
For all those interested, I am starting a new thread by name of: 'TOPBOXER: Giving Martial Arts Some Creativity'

It is related to custom gears and stuff
Pls go check it out!

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I like getting my heavy bags full of Wood shavings.
This way they don't settle much and when they do, it makes the bottom hard enough to properly condition my shins

Personally, I have always preferred to fill my full length heavy bags with the corpses of my defeated opponents, it has a more "satisfactory" sensation.

For shins, I always conditioned against trees themselves or the old coke bottle roll.

Latest Discussions