Strange Scrollbar

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I noticed a strange scroll bar on all my screens on MT that doesn't seem to have a purpose. I thought I better let you know. I don't know if it's an indicator of a problem, hack, or whatever. Anyone else getting this? Maybe you are getting something in its place that isn't coming to me because of my settings?

View attachment 9649

OP
C

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm on a different computer now and get the 'Ads by Google' bar in place of the scroll bar shown in my OP. It must be something with my settings on my laptop.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Probably. Some ad blockers filter it out. Doesn't worry me as most of the ads are seen by guests only. But that's a weird effect. I'll check into it more though.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well he's lucky... I got ads by google on there where the scroll bar is for his... sigh...

OP
C

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Probably. Some ad blockers filter it out. Doesn't worry me as most of the ads are seen by guests only. But that's a weird effect. I'll check into it more though.

I'll bet you're right. I think the proxy server is filtering the ads. I have to hit the back button twice to go back a page. The first time clears the scroll bar and the second time actually goes back a page. I've seen this happen with other sites where ads or other content was being blocked. It can be a pain because if there are three ad areas on a page I have to hit the back button four times to go back a page. Usually where content is blocked I see the standard corporate warning rather than just a scroll bar.

I wonder if Firefox handles the ad areas differently. I know the content will still be blocked, but maybe it will go back a page better? Hmmmm. . .

Thanks!!!!

Latest Discussions