Strange Happenings

C

Chaos

I was at my friends house and we were sittin on his couch watching a movie and his cat walks into the room. At this time we do not see the bird. Later I look down and the cat is sitting there eating a bird that appeared to come out of nowhere. This is the strange part, I look back later and the first bird is gone and a new larger bird is being eaten, I could have sworn that the the cat did not move from that spot the whole time. No reason for posting this other than as an interesting story, do any of you have any screwed up stuff like this happen to you?

OP
J

Jill666

All the time. It's called a flashback :erg:

OP
R

Richard S.

Originally posted by Jill666
All the time. It's called a flashback :erg:
hahaha.......uh, got a bit of a "history" there, jill?

OP
B

brianhunter

Originally posted by Chaos
I was at my friends house and we were sittin on his couch watching a movie and his cat walks into the room. At this time we do not see the bird. Later I look down and the cat is sitting there eating a bird that appeared to come out of nowhere. This is the strange part, I look back later and the first bird is gone and a new larger bird is being eaten, I could have sworn that the the cat did not move from that spot the whole time. No reason for posting this other than as an interesting story, do any of you have any screwed up stuff like this happen to you?

It is a glitch in the matrix! The Agents changed programming on you!

There is no spoon!!!

OP
J

Jill666

Originally posted by brianhunter
It is a glitch in the matrix! The Agents changed programming on you!

There is no spoon!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

In all seriousness, the world is a strange place, and I honestly think $h!t like that happens all the time. Then, again, maybe it just happens to me. :uhoh:

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jill666
In all seriousness, the world is a strange place, and I honestly think $h!t like that happens all the time. Then, again, maybe it just happens to me. :uhoh:

Nah. I have had some pretty bizarre stuff happen to me, and I am and always have been chemical-free... ;) No LDS (or LSD) flashbacks for the fatman, but weird stuff happens nonetheless...

I read once upon a time that it is a matter of being open to recognizing what Douglas Adams referred to as the SEP phenomenon... SEP stands for "Somebody Else's Problem," and he theorized that people in general tune out quite a bit in the world because at some level of their subconscious mind they see something they don't understand, or something that challenges their view of reality, and in a self defense mode categorize it as SEP - Somebody Else's Problem.

Then they are able to wander on about their merry way, chewing their cud contentedly.

I think I agree with him.

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Maybe the cat had the munchies from the contact high he got from you guys ya know watching the movie.

nudge nudge wink wink say no more.;)

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by D_Brady
Maybe the cat had the munchies from the contact high he got from you guys ya know watching the movie nudge nudge wink wink say no more.;)

I have no idea what you just said :shrug:

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Oh man , lets try this were they passing anything to one another while they were watching tv, like maybe a certin type of water filtration device.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by D_Brady
Oh man , lets try this were they passing anything to one another while they were watching tv, like maybe a certin type of water filtration device.

Give up, Im not getting it :rolleyes:

OP
J

Jill666

I agree with the SEP theory- haven't read any D Adams after the hitchhiking books (the first two- after that got to be too much) but I do enjoy his perception of things. :cool:

OP
S

sweeper

Mob you will understand when you are alittle older.

as for me, I see things like that all the time.. actualy I dream that I have had conversations with people and than try to continue them.. also I tihnk real conversations were dreams and never continue those (untill someone brings it up) and I have always been totaly chem free.. except new years and an average of one other time a year when I get drunk.. other than that though..

the question is is it your perception that is off or reality..

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by sweeper
Mob you will understand when you are alittle older.

I hate when people say that because by then I will have forgotten :wah:

OP
C

Cliarlaoch

Can't say I've experienced that sort of oddity in the reality around me before, but I have had more deja vus then I like to think about, wherein I know exactly what's going to happen before it even does. I'd seen it all before in dreams or the like. Scares the stuffings out of me.

Prescience allows for no change in the timeline. It locks us in place and allows no deviation, no avoidance of fate (paraphrasing Frank Herbert).

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio." (Shakespeare)

I don't know why such gaps in the fabric of reality occur, but I take it as a potential sign that there are greater things then we mere mortals could ever imagine.

Either that, or I've been watching way too much Sci-Fi.

Which is very possible.
:rolleyes:

OP
C

chufeng

I've been witness to some very bizarre things...
Things that cloud the line between reality, dream, and (I don't have a word to describe it)...

I have come to that point in my life where I simply say, "That was curious..." and go on with my life.

I may, or may not, reflect on it at a later time.

There is so much we don't know about REALITY...what WE think is real, may be a shadow dance on a piece of tissue paper...

my two cents

chufeng:confused:

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Had an interesting experience... Was having a "deep" discussion with some people, and spontaneously had this "understanding" of the nature of time and its relationship to reality.

Really, it isn't anything that most folks who dabble in that sort of theory probably don't know, but for someone who had until that moment never given it much consideration, it was quite surprising.

Deja vu doesn't exist. It is the circular nature of time that past, present and future all coexist. But, due to our inability to perceive things beyond the veil of reality we allow ourselves, we see time as progressing in a straight line. When we experience Deja Vu (and I'm not talking about the club! :D ), we think it is a moment of minor clairvoyance. It isn't. It is just our past and present selves "catching up" with our future selves, and vice versa. At that moment of unity, the past, present and future mix into an experience that our minds have difficulty interpreting. So, to keep our sanity, it categorizes and labels until our mind is comfy with it.

So there you go.

Gambarimasu.

OP
C

Cliarlaoch

Originally posted by Yiliquan1

Deja vu doesn't exist. It is the circular nature of time that past, present and future all coexist. But, due to our inability to perceive things beyond the veil of reality we allow ourselves, we see time as progressing in a straight line. When we experience Deja Vu (and I'm not talking about the club! :D ), we think it is a moment of minor clairvoyance. It isn't. It is just our past and present selves "catching up" with our future selves, and vice versa. At that moment of unity, the past, present and future mix into an experience that our minds have difficulty interpreting. So, to keep our sanity, it categorizes and labels until our mind is comfy with it.

So there you go.

Gambarimasu.

Interesting... don't know if I agree about the clairvoyance part, since everytime it had happened I'd know it was going to happen exactly it did, but I could be interpreting it wrong (and me being wrong is known to happen... not very often mind. :rolleyes: ).

Still, an interesting point for me to think on. I don't know. Is it possible that we can see beyond the categories, the labels, and understand what's actually going on in a moment of "deja vu" (in your words, it does not exist, but the term is useful for discussion, so I'll continue to use it here to explain the phenomena in question), i.e. the conjunction of various parts of time-space?

And maybe it's just the fact that most Western thinkers view time as linear that's causing us to think of deja vu the way we think of it (i.e. Clairvoyance). Again, I don't claim to fully understand everything on this one. As if anyone ever could! :p

PS: (And hey, switch the letters and Clairvoyance becomes "Cliar"voyance... yeah, baby, yeah!)
PPS: Above comment proves I have far too much free time on my hands and far too little blood in my caffeine stream.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What movie where you watching at the time? Was it "The Ring"?

If so, then that explains it....the birds just came out of the television when you weren't looking. No big deal....you just have 7 days now before you die. Twas' Nice knowin' ya!:p

Sidebar: Did anyone here see that movie. Movies don't scare me...but that one scared the piss out of me! I don't even like thinking about it, cause.....oh jeez....there I go again.......I just wet myself.:rofl: