still learning

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, I am with Universal Kempo-Karate School Association, Waikoloa branch on the Big Island of Hawaii. My son (15 year old)and I have been training for about 8 years now, and we both enjoy the training and fellowship. We always look forward to our annual summer kempo seminar in Las Vegas. All the different branch of Universal kempo are join together for more knowledge and training,as well as the fellowship and the new friends we make. Today I believe we all know that maritial arts is more about developing ourselfs, more than it is about self-defense. Do you agree?

I am looking forward to chat with many of you, and I am still learning about the martial ways. Thank-you and Aloha....Still learning

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, you will find a lot of good info here, and great people to chat with!

Its very addictive so stick around and happy posting!

P

pakua

Welcome SL.

I don't train with my kids although we all attend the same school- they're Kobujutsu and I do Tai Chi- so we have a bit of friendly rivalry. I keep telling them to watch out because I'm a tai chi master (I'm not of course) and they kid me back and tell me they'll flatten me before I even wake up! (And they're not even in their teens yet.)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aloha, Still Learning, and welcome to Martial Talk. I love Hawaii - the Big Island has so much diversity.

Have a look around at the best martial arts talk on the web and enjoy your stay.

Happy posting!

Mahalo

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
WElcome and enjoy
The more people the more the addiction grows. The more it grows the harder it is to break. I'm fine with that though.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aloha, SL, I envy you living in Hawaii. My husband and I even discussed how we would move there-to Kauai- but not too imminent in our lives. :(

Welcome and enjoy the forum. TW

V

Vadim

Good to have you aboard Still Learning! Welcome to Martial Talk forums.:asian:

-Vadim

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT..I been around the MA since the early 80's involved in traditional and non-traditional and I'm still learning..

silatman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A bit belated but I am new on this site, thanks for the meet and greet and I too look forward to chatting with you about this pasttime that we all have in common. Gday from Australia :)

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, I am with Universal Kempo-Karate School Association, Waikoloa branch on the Big Island of Hawaii. My son (15 year old)and I have been training for about 8 years now, and we both enjoy the training and fellowship. We always look forward to our annual summer kempo seminar in Las Vegas. All the different branch of Universal kempo are join together for more knowledge and training,as well as the fellowship and the new friends we make. Today I believe we all know that maritial arts is more about developing ourselfs, more than it is about self-defense. Do you agree?

I am looking forward to chat with many of you, and I am still learning about the martial ways. Thank-you and Aloha....Still learning
Aloha! Hawaii is a Mecca for martial arts, isn't it? So many greats began their journey there.

That's great that your involved in MA with your son and your right - the martial arts IS a lot about developing ourselves. Self-defence is an added bonus, of course.

Latest Discussions