Stephen Hawking to make space

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
British physicist Stephen Hawking, who is world-famous for his intellectual prowess as well as his physical frailty, has made a firm date with weightlessness on April 26, aboard a jet flying out of NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

Hawking's excellent adventure, provided by California-based Zero Gravity Corp., would represent one small step toward the 65-year-old scientist's goal of flying in space as early as 2009 — as well as one giant leap for people with disabilities.

"As someone who has studied gravity and black holes all of my life, I am excited to experience, firsthand, weightlessness and a zero-gravity environment," Hawking said Thursday in a written statement released by Zero Gravity. "I am thankful to Zero Gravity Corp. for making this experience available to the general public, especially for disabled individuals."
LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

Now how cool is that? :)

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love Stephen Hawking! Right now I'm reading A Brief History of Time for the third time. What an inspiring individual he is!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is awesome! :)

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I read that article last week. That just rocks. If anyone deserves it, Stephen Hawking does.