Starting Kenpo this week - pretty excited!

ewhip

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Starting lessons with Pat Munk here in Atlanta this week and I'm pretty excited about it. He seems like a great guy and very knowledgeable. I've been stressing about what style and school to go with for months, and I'm glad to be starting something new! I may also dabble in some things like Aikido because the Kenpo class is only once or twice a week, but I'm looking forward to it.

Just wanted to share!

As a beginner, once or twice a week will give you plenty to work on, and I'd expect that you would find aikido a bit problematic to meld with your kenpo.

Lamont

Congrats..The best of luck with your training..

As a beginner, once or twice a week will give you plenty to work on, and I'd expect that you would find aikido a bit problematic to meld with your kenpo.

Lamont

Very true - after I read that back to myself it did sound a bit... ahem... ambitious... lol. I've been known to over do things in the past!

Starting lessons with Pat Munk here in Atlanta this week and I'm pretty excited about it. He seems like a great guy and very knowledgeable. I've been stressing about what style and school to go with for months, and I'm glad to be starting something new! I may also dabble in some things like Aikido because the Kenpo class is only once or twice a week, but I'm looking forward to it.

Just wanted to share!

Congrats on beginning the lessons! Mr. Munk is also a member here on the forum.

Please let us know how your training goes!!:ultracool

Mike

Thanks all - many years ago I took a little Kenpo in Philly but had to cut it short because I transferred to a college in Indiana. I've been really interested in it since then and have finally come to a place in my life where I can dedicate some time to it. Can't wait. Will report back!

Thanks all - many years ago I took a little Kenpo in Philly but had to cut it short because I transferred to a college in Indiana. I've been really interested in it since then and have finally come to a place in my life where I can dedicate some time to it. Can't wait. Will report back!

Mr. Munk is a quality teacher, and has some quality instructors with him.

Latest Discussions

Back