Split from Christianity and Self-Defense article topic

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My definition of self defense is not having hate or murder in your heart.

The fear and survival instinct causes someone to defend himself.

Murder and killing in justified self defense are two totally different things as far the denomination and stances of Christianity on this issue are concerned.

Just protect your family and yourself.

Keep religion and self defense separate then you will be o.k.

Don't make it harder or confusing. Keep it simple.

I think SL was referring to the fact that the commandment should read 'murder' as 'kill' is a literal mistranslation of the original, I don't think he was getting into a theological argument.

Brother John you may take the Bible literally, I don't know, but it's actually my people's history and writings, you're welcome to enjoy it of course but do remember its Jewish origins and the fact your Jesus was Jewish with Jewish thinking, mores and morals, he was also targeting his work towards Jews. The whole message thing got diverted off it's course when the Christians got hold of it not to it's betterment I should add.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think SL was referring to the fact that the commandment should read 'murder' as 'kill' is a literal mistranslation of the original, I don't think he was getting into a theological argument.

Brother John you may take the Bible literally, I don't know, but it's actually my people's history and writings, you're welcome to enjoy it of course but do remember its Jewish origins and the fact your Jesus was Jewish with Jewish thinking, mores and morals, he was also targeting his work towards Jews. The whole message thing got diverted off it's course when the Christians got hold of it not to it's betterment I should add.

What about the woman at the well? She was samaritan.

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What about the woman at the well? She was samaritan.

Despite the deep divide between them, both the Jew and the Samaritan claim to be the descendants to the tribes of Israel. At the deepest level, the Samaritan woman, too, worshipped the same god with a portion of the same scripture.

To say that she was not "Jewish" in this greater sense is to say that the Constitution is for Americans, but not Hawaiians or Alaskans.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Brother John you may take the Bible literally, I don't know, but it's actually my people's history and writings, you're welcome to enjoy it of course but do remember its Jewish origins and the fact your Jesus was Jewish with Jewish thinking, mores and morals, he was also targeting his work towards Jews. The whole message thing got diverted off it's course when the Christians got hold of it not to it's betterment I should add."

Ha, for a moment I thought I was back in the study area with the purposely insulting and amusingly arrogant comments so common there. My mistake.

Regards
Brian King

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, for a moment I thought I was back in the study area with the purposely insulting and amusingly arrogant comments so common there. My mistake.

Regards
Brian King

Well my comments weren't intended as insults just I'm very fed up of people who think the Bible is only what they say it is, it isn't. I'm not being arrogant, I'm actually quite upset about others arrogance in deciding what a book written by my ancestors says and how we should behave according to their interpretation of it. besides it has nothing to do with martial arts.
Interprete it how you want but don't claim yours is the correct version.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's multiple occurances in the bible as evidence that "God" endoreses violence for a wide range of reasons. I wouldn't worry too much about one's soul being in jeopardy for defending oneself.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
“Well my comments weren't intended as insults”

Whatever the intent they are very insulting and it is a pity you do not understand this.

“I'm not being arrogant”

LOL of course not, you are being very arrogant. Are you part French perhaps?

“I'm actually quite upset about others arrogance in deciding what a book written by my ancestors says and how we should behave according to their interpretation of it”

AH so your interpretation is correct and all others are wrong and you are mad at them for telling you that you are wrong and they are right, so mad that you must tell them they are wrong for telling you that you are wrong when you are right and they are wrong for thinking that they are right and thinking that you are wrong when you know that you are right and they are wrong and why can’t they see that they are wrong and you are right, why must they keep saying they are right and you are wrong…gah I can see how with you being so right can get very frustrating when others do not see how wrong they are. Kettle meet frying pan

“besides it has nothing to do with martial arts.”

In your world and in your opinion…NOT in mine yet I try to keep those opinions out of the general forums and restricted to those that ask for it. You don’t, funny that difference.

“Interprete it how you want but don't claim yours is the correct version. “

Why not, I do not see how it makes your interpretations or your own faith any weaker especially as you are making the very same claims of correctness. If we disagree on faith why should it matter to you what I believe since you disagree and do not believe what I do. FWIW It bothers me not a whit that your beliefs exclude me as I do not share your beliefs , heh maybe it is a Brit thing or Jewish thing but you seem very insecure in your beliefs.

Laurentkd So sorry for the further derailment of your thread. I have no idea of the link nor of the article in question and do not remember the thread asked about at all. If you find it perhaps you could PM it to me. Must be a good one if you remember it after a year and seek to refresh your reading of it.

Regards
Brian King

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever the intent they are very insulting and it is a pity you do not understand this.

LOL of course not, you are being very arrogant. Are you part French perhaps?

AH so your interpretation is correct and all others are wrong and you are mad at them for telling you that you are wrong and they are right, so mad that you must tell them they are wrong for telling you that you are wrong when you are right and they are wrong for thinking that they are right and thinking that you are wrong when you know that you are right and they are wrong and why can’t they see that they are wrong and you are right, why must they keep saying they are right and you are wrong…gah I can see how with you being so right can get very frustrating when others do not see how wrong they are. Kettle meet frying pan

In your world and in your opinion…NOT in mine yet I try to keep those opinions out of the general forums and restricted to those that ask for it. You don’t, funny that difference.

Why not, I do not see how it makes your interpretations or your own faith any weaker especially as you are making the very same claims of correctness. If we disagree on faith why should it matter to you what I believe since you disagree and do not believe what I do. FWIW It bothers me not a whit that your beliefs exclude me as I do not share your beliefs , heh maybe it is a Brit thing or Jewish thing but you seem very insecure in your beliefs.

Laurentkd So sorry for the further derailment of your thread. I have no idea of the link nor of the article in question and do not remember the thread asked about at all. If you find it perhaps you could PM it to me. Must be a good one if you remember it after a year and seek to refresh your reading of it.

Regards
Brian King

You are frankly one of the most insulting people on MT, you put words in my mouth, you decide I have agendas I don't and now you decide I'm insucure. I'm not, I'm just very pissed off. When you've finished with your snide and just a bit sick character assasination try walking a while in my shoes and see how much you enjoy your anti semitism.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
“You are frankly one of the most insulting people on MT”

Yup, your opinion is held by some others I would imagine. I do not give administrators, mentors (was really surprised at the invite to become ao mentor and if you remember gave it a lot of thought and gave MT a chance to take it back before accepting) or moderators (or web site owners) much slack, I try to hold them to just slightly less standards than I hold myself but still higher standards regardless. People who are new to posting, writing in a second language or very young I try to give more slack.

“you put words in my mouth”

I try to use the quotation buttons and get the words exactly as others put them down? If I have misquoted you my apologies.

“you decide I have agendas I don't and now you decide I'm insucure. I'm not”

OK good to know, but to be fair I did say you seem to be insecure not you are insecure giving you the benefit of doubt.

“I'm just very pissed off”

Well, my grandpa (RIP) used to say better pissed off than pissed on LOL Not sure if you will get the farmer humor but it is a way of saying being pissed off is kind of natural at times, it is what you do with that anger and what you let it do to you that is important, not the fact that you are pissed off.

“When you've finished with your snide and just a bit sick character assasination try walking a while in my shoes and see how much you enjoy your anti semitism."

Snide
snide [snīd]
(comparative snid·er, superlative snid·est)
adj
derisively sarcastic: derisively sarcastic

[Mid-19th century. Origin ?]
-snide·ly, , adv
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Snide OK sure I can own that, LOL and these are my toned down replies LOL. I did have and do have contempt for the logic and arrogance in your rant. Perhaps I could have more empathy for your passion in your rant and give you more leeway as you are clearly upset and emotional. So my apologies Tez3 I will try to work on that.

char·ac·ter as·sas·si·na·tion
n
attack on somebody's reputation: a deliberate and sustained attack on somebody's reputation
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Ah, much like calling somebody an anti Semite if they disagree with you and say so.

an·ti-Sem·i·tism
n
behavior discriminating against Jews: policies, views, or actions that harm or discriminate against Jews

As I wish to grow as a human please point out any of my behavior discriminating against Jews: policies, views or actions that harm or discriminate again Jews, I can assure you they were unintentional and I honestly do not see them in these posts nor in my life.

If quoting what you take the time to write and taking the time to offer my own opinions of such writings is character assassination then I must be guilty. Tez3 we both know that there is true anti-Semitism in this world, people killing and beating Jews simply because they are Jewish. Throwing that charge out is serious, my name is attached to every post I write, not some made up handle and throwing out that charge over this little disagreement shallows and weakens that very real crime not to mention harms my own reputation. It is ok I can deal with that and those that read my writings and know me and what I have done and accomplished in my life for the Jewish people know how ridiculous and insulting that charge is. I avoid shoes that do not fit (a guy thing) so do not walk as a poor misunderstood victim. You should try it sometime.

Sorry you seem to be having a bad day. I myself am on the way to pay respects to four officers recently gunned down here, so can understand that. I hope that your day/night improves and your anger subsides.

Regards
Brian King

MattNinjaZX-14

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

A theological argument ? There was never one to begin with.

This should be a common-sense definition of self defense.

Quite frankly, I don't know who you are but I don't like your attitude.

I can sense something is wrong with you. I don't know why but I do.

I detest people who manipulate religion for personal gain like this with arrogant impunity. :rolleyes:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,

Lets try to stay somewhat civil, ok?

MattNinjaZX-14

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No idea, haven't read it.

The Samaritan at the well ? This is a famous story.

You do not know this story. It comes as no surprise.

If more jewish people knew what Jesus Christ really taught then there would be peace between the arabs and jews.

The whole world, african nations, christian nations, european nations, latin nations and moslem nations would not have to put up with the shrewd thinking, foul mouthed and intrepid wickedness of the jewish state. Read all about the israeli crimes here from the top to the bottom of the page.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/israel/blackops.html

Everybody knows Hitler was half jewish which is part of the problem.

You really need to read the story of the Samaritan at the well because you are not this so acquainted with the Jewishness of Jesus Christ that you profess to know from your own Jewish O.T. and N.T. Scriptures.

( people need to notice that jewish people will deny the n.t. and say it is not jewish but like Tez is claiming here, Jesus is Jewish. see the irony. Jews absolutely hate having several things pointed out that is the truth. Keep pointing out the truth to the jews. )

I bet you $20. that you have this DVD in your home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ten_Commandments_%281956_film%29

I am sure you do not have this DVD in your home. Really it is a shame. The world loved Jesus Christ but the Jews hated Jesus Christ.

Israel officially still does not recognize Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Only for its trinket and tourism dollars but not for the actual moral and spiritual welfare of the jewish state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_of_Nazareth_(miniseries)

Am I right ? hallelujah have a happy hanukkah denying that Jesus Christ is also the savior of Israel and the whole world. Merry Christmas !!!

A horrendous sound to the liberal's ears ( read jewish people & co. ) and a very beautiful sound to the rest of the world and people wonder why the liberals want to suppress Christmas just as it was in ancient times.

Congratulations Tez for derailing what was supposed to be a good thread. I have read back through your threads and posts in another window. I think I understand why I don't like you, not because you are jewish but because of your arrogant attitude and behaving as if everything you say is right.

I would not be surprised if people talked behind your back at how much they hate and despise you, before you cry hate crime, look at yourself, your arrogant behavior and Honestly examine the history of Israel. :rolleyes:

I am glad I am an European American and much better behaved and civilized than you are. You need somebody to keep you honest. I will be keeping track of your lies and explain to people step by step your dis-honest and deceptive techniques which you obviously will hate to have pointed out. Have A Merry Christmas. :cool:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score

Cool. We've got more than just being martial artists in common then.
Not "All", but several of my ancestors (Maternal & Paternal) were Jewish.
So it's OUR people's history and writings, and believe me...I enjoy it a great deal. Jesus (Yeshua) targeted his work FIRST to the Jews and from there to All peoples of the Earth.

Matthew 28:16-20 (New International Version)
The Great Commission

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
So it wasn't diverted off course, it was his disciples fulfilling his directions obediently.

I'm not going to get into a theological debate with you. It does NO good.
I hope you have a wonderful Hanukkah this year and may God richly Bless you.

Your Brother
John

PS: To the original poster... I reread the original post and realized that NONE of the things I offered matched exactly what you're looking for (hope you got something out of them anyway), I'll be looking up what you asked, I've read some good articles on that subject.

MattNinjaZX-14

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you are a soldier then this verse will be relevant to your duties as a Christian.

When the soldiers asked Jesus Christ what they should do ?

This is Jesus Christ's response which sums it up beautifully.

Luke 3:14 (King James Version)

14And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Last edited:

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MattNinjaZX-14
I will let Tez3 answer for herself, I do not think she is perfect but do think she is capable to answer if she so chooses but your attacks are silly at best and really do not even need to be addressed and this is NOT the study section so hands are tied, but I for one find that Sweetliberty page disgusting and very lowly written. You are welcome to believe that crap, but I have yet to meet anyone who does believe that stuff that doesn’t seem to truly have some kind of paranoid mental illnesses. I strongly urge you to really think about where and what sources you are getting your information from as they are leading you down a tough trail that will fill your life with unhappiness and sadness.

Blaming Hitler on the Jews or his Jewish blood…seriously? I spent a number of years in Germany, spoke to many survivors (Germans, Russians and Poles mostly) and what you wrote is wrong on so many levels it is hard to even begin to address them. It is an insult to the blood given to fight and defeat (God willing someday) those insane ideas.

Israel is one of Americas strongest allies in our battles around the world and I for one include Israel and her people in my prayers every night and morning. Blaming all that is wrong in the world on Israel and the Jewish people of the world shows a complete ignorance of history and an almost absurd misunderstanding of today’s current events.

I strongly suggest that you back up sit down and pray about the hatred and lies that you have fallen prey to, you are way off base in my opinion and have my pity.

Brother John
I enjoy your posts, and hope some day to be even half as well spoken and gracious as you. Please keep it up. It is an example and inspiration to me.

Mods,
perhaps this thread can be moved to the study section or my and other posts not dealing with the OP topic can be split off? I should not have bothered to enter the conversation, my apologies.

Regards
Brian King

MattNinjaZX-14

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Brian, it is not necessary for you to apologize. Germany is in the grips of zionism. Real Germans are afraid to speak their minds.

Germany was as much a victim of jewish tyranny. Other countries had kicked out the jewish people for precisely this intolerable behavior that their god had set forth for the jews to follow.

God saw what the jewish people were doing before WWI, during the interwar years and WWII. God raised the most wicked jewish person in all of Germany not to persecute, but to punish God's people for their wickedness.

Today Israel continues to blame and extort money from Germany when Israel needs to confront their own national sins. Israel needs to forgive Germany and get on with life and to pay back some of the extorted money back to Germany.

Look at Tel Aviv today. You would not be able to recognize the historical significance of Israel's independence day because the city is so steeped in the lifestyle of Sodom and Gomorrah.

So many jewish people were into homosexuality, witchcraft and crimes prohibited by God's ordinances as He specified in the torah before the 1930's began. The jews tried to pull the Germans down with the abominable sins that everybody knew was un-natural or wrong.

The U.N. Security Council has passed several resolutions against Israel.

The most current UNSC resolutions

http://www.un.org/documents/scres.htm

http://www.btselem.org/english/About_BTselem/Index.asp

Why do you think this is ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine

What did Jesus Christ say ?

14And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

There are many American Jews and Israelis speaking out against the Israeli government's illegal actions toward the Palestinians.

This is exactly why I despise their soldierly practices.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3594828,00.html

Jesus Christ would have never treated the Germans, Jews or the Palestinians or ANYBODY like that !!!

Now remember the story of Jesus Christ and the Samaritan at the well. What does that say ?

Tez, there is no need to answer as I am not going to speak to a jewish person who is dis-obedient to G-d.

Honest jewish people will set you straight with the truth. Many Israelis are speaking out against the israeli government and their illegal practices.

The U.S.A. is a Christian nation and has every right to protect American interests from Israel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/20/p...=1137819600&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print

This should have been about Christian self defense. I apologize but I must defend and present my case so that Tez can not manipulate herself as the israeli motto is 'By Way Of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War'[SIZE=+1]

Read this book at the library. This book will open your eyes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/By_Way_of_Deception

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Deception-Making-Unmaking-Officer/dp/0971759502
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level. Please review our policy on religious tolerance in section 6 of the rules.

Pamela Piszczek
MT Asst Admin

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian, it is not necessary for you to apologize. Germany is in the grips of zionism. Real Germans are afraid to speak their minds.

Germany was as much a victim of jewish tyranny. Other countries had kicked out the jewish people for precisely this intolerable behavior that their god had set forth for the jews to follow.

God saw what the jewish people were doing before WWI, during the interwar years and WWII. God raised the most wicked jewish person in all of Germany not to persecute, but to punish God's people for their wickedness.

Today Israel continues to blame and extort money from Germany when Israel needs to confront their own national sins. Israel needs to forgive Germany and get on with life and to pay back some of the extorted money back to Germany.

Look at Tel Aviv today. You would not be able to recognize the historical significance of Israel's independence day because the city is so steeped in the lifestyle of Sodom and Gomorrah.

So many jewish people were into homosexuality, witchcraft and crimes prohibited by God's ordinances as He specified in the torah before the 1930's began. The jews tried to pull the Germans down with the abominable sins that everybody knew was un-natural or wrong.

The U.N. Security Council has passed several resolutions against Israel.

The most current UNSC resolutions

http://www.un.org/documents/scres.htm

http://www.btselem.org/english/About_BTselem/Index.asp

Why do you think this is ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine

What did Jesus Christ say ?

There are many American Jews and Israelis speaking out against the Israeli government's illegal actions toward the Palestinians.

This is exactly why I despise their soldierly practices.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3594828,00.html

Jesus Christ would have never treated the Germans, Jews or the Palestinians or ANYBODY like that !!!

Now remember the story of Jesus Christ and the Samaritan at the well. What does that say ?

Tez, there is no need to answer as I am not going to speak to a jewish person who is dis-obedient to G-d.

Honest jewish people will set you straight with the truth. Many Israelis are speaking out against the israeli government and their illegal practices.

The U.S.A. is a Christian nation and has every right to protect American interests from Israel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/20/p...=1137819600&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print

This should have been about Christian self defense. I apologize but I must defend and present my case so that Tez can not manipulate herself as the israeli motto is 'By Way Of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War'

[SIZE=+1]Read this book at the library. This book will open your eyes.

[SIZE=+1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/By_Way_of_Deception[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]http://www.amazon.com/Way-Deception-Making-Unmaking-Officer/dp/0971759502[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Blaming the victims? Really? This has to be one of the most ignorant, misguided, pile of **** for rationalizing for anti semitism I've read on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions