Speakman? Where is he now and have you seen his latest?

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Lots of instructors on and off the floor..... lots of friends, great food. Tons of fun.

Steve LaBounty, Tom Kelly, Huk Planas, Skip Hancock, Bob Liles, John Sepulveda, Frank Trejo, Doreen Cogliandro, Gilbert Valez, Gil Hibben, Ed Parker Jr., Tommy Chavies, Benny Urquidez "The Jet", Jaqui McVickar (England), Bob White, Paul Dye, Gokar, Jeff Speakman, and myself were all there..... (I hope I didn't forget anyone else... probably did).

Great seminars good info shared and worked on.

:asian:

Yep, Thanks for the invite. I woulda liked some of that food in Vegas!:mad:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lots of instructors on and off the floor..... lots of friends, great food. Tons of fun.

Steve LaBounty, Tom Kelly, Huk Planas, Skip Hancock, Bob Liles, John Sepulveda, Frank Trejo, Doreen Cogliandro, Gilbert Valez, Gil Hibben, Ed Parker Jr., Tommy Chavies, Benny Urquidez "The Jet", Jaqui McVickar (England), Bob White, Paul Dye, Gokar, Jeff Speakman, and myself were all there..... (I hope I didn't forget anyone else... probably did).

Great seminars good info shared and worked on.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Ronin

Got Kenpo? when did you get those t-shirts made mr. c?

yes, when? I've been to your site numerous times, I've never
even seen them! :(

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually Warrior Sage had them for an IKCA event a year or more ago.... we modified them a bit and sold some at the recent Speakman Camp. We sold out and are in the process of making more soon and I will post them here and on my site.......

R

Ronin

always a day late and a dollar short on finding out about these things...................

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kiddies,
Just saw Land of the Free. Not a bad flick. Much AKK. Note to anywone out there filming AKK DON"T DO HARD CUTS!!! Kenpo is "An unending flow of motion" As such, focus over the whole teqnique. You lose to much when you cut, because as the're blocking it leads to a strike, so on and so forth!!! Repeats are good, but should be used less, but NO HARD CUTS!!!
Ahem. Sorry about that.
In LOTF I also noted him wearing on of his "Kenpo Gear" shirts. Anyone know about KG?

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just saw Running Red the other day... He was wearing a Kenpo Gear T-Shirt in that one as well. It wasn't a bad movie, perhaps a bit far-fetched ... but the Kenpo looked a little sloppy compared to Perfect Weapon.

I hope everyone realizes that it simply an observation and not a criticism.

Dan:asian:

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kiddies,
Just finished watching Scorpio One. It was....painful. There was kenpo but not enough of it. The plot what terrible, the writing was done by underfed, underpaid, overworked and single chimps How this made it to video I have no clue. Don't get me wrong, i'm currently in the process of buying our local video store out of all it's JS tapes At a great price too, LOTF hasn't rented in three years!.
Note to Mr. Speakman:
Sir, with all due respect, your an awesome martial artist and I idolize you to no end, but you are not an actor. They say a fish swims and a bird flys becaue that's what they do. Granted penguins swim and flying fish "fly" but I say leave the flying to the birds and swimming to the fish. Let's see what you are good at, opening up a can of whupaz on a TKD school, then adding a bad pun. Keep up the good work!

W

warriorsage

...have been shipped out to those who ordered at the Speakman camp and we have a small supply in stock. Email Mr. C for ordering info.

(Black shirt says "got kenpo?" on the front, with a kenpo-style graphic on back (dragon and tiger flanking a universal with a kenpo silhouette in the middle and the kanji at the bottom. The Parker crest shape is on top with a flame coming out of it.)

Mr. C, check your email.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by warriorsage
(Black shirt says "got kenpo?" on the front, with a kenpo-style graphic on back (dragon and tiger flanking a universal with a kenpo silhouette in the middle and the kanji at the bottom. The Parker crest shape is on top with a flame coming out of it.)

only 15 left.... (L & XL)
$20.00 plus $7.50 shipping and handling.

email me for details...... [email protected]

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Kirk

4X or 3XLT here .. circus tent size!

Hey Kirk, you, and Kalicombat quit talking about me like that! Boy, so much for Texas unity!:soapbox:

As it is, I already have to fight off Seig, Tess, and DC! :samurai:

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

We only have the L and XL left.

:mad:

Had a feeling you were a big guy bigot! You're further oppressing
us big guys, and I've had all I can stand! I'm hereby organizing
a march .. wait, no ... a drive in an air conditioned luxury sedan in
protest of your treatment of big kenpoists! We shall overcome!
:rofl:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a feeling you were a big guy bigot! You're further oppressing us big guys, and I've had all I can stand! I'm hereby organizing a march .. wait, no ... a drive in an air conditioned luxury sedan in protest of your treatment of big kenpoists! We shall overcome!

Hey wait a minute....... those are pretty strong words......
I myself can only watch everyone else wear these cool shirts........ geeze.....

Warrior Sage you are getting me in trouble!

:eek: :mad:

R

RCastillo

Had a feeling you were a big guy bigot! You're further oppressing
us big guys, and I've had all I can stand! I'm hereby organizing
a march .. wait, no ... a drive in an air conditioned luxury sedan in
protest of your treatment of big kenpoists! We shall overcome!
:rofl:

Pick me up on the way over there!:samurai: