Speakman IS on DVD!!!

C

Chicago Green Dragon

wow now that was a major session.

11 hours wow.

That is great the hear the director is a student there too.

Chicago Green Dragon
:asian:

O

Old Guy

Originally posted by Chicago Green Dragon
Bill

Also, do you have any word on when the movie will be out to the public or released to dvd ?

Thanks

Chicago Green Dragon

Latest word is that it will be showing in Japan:asian: on cable/satellite this month. The rights have been sold domestically to a cable/sat station and should be shown within the next couple of months. I have not heard of DVD distribution as of yet.

Rick

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Even though I'm not from GM Parker's lineage, I recommend that my new or prospective students watch Perfect Weapon. It gives folks an idea of how eclectic Kenpo/Kempo/Kajukenbo is. Also, did anyone like Street Knight? It's not as good but worth watching. Respectfully,

R

Rainman

Actually Street Knight and The Expert are better if you never watched them. Too bad the follow ups to the Perfect Weapon didn't get better, it would have been interesting if the bar was raised after each film. Could've been great PR for the Kenpo world especiall folks making a living by teaching.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Andrew Evans
Even though I'm not from GM Parker's lineage, I recommend that my new or prospective students watch Perfect Weapon. It gives folks an idea of how eclectic Kenpo/Kempo/Kajukenbo is. Also, did anyone like Street Knight? It's not as good but worth watching. Respectfully,

I loved Perfect Weapon. I liked Street Knight. Everything that came after that up to Running Red was dross. Running Red was similar in standard to Street Knight, but with a bit more realistic Kenpo. I guess the scariest thing I have found from the few times I have spoken with Mr. Speakman is that he really doesn't realise just how bad his acting really is.

--Dave

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by BillPiper
Our school along with another school from the Fort Worth area along with several Austin based schools participated as extras in "A Promise Kept"

We were all part of a karate school's belt test, used at the movie's opening sequence. I have to say it was a long day, but it was a blast.

Everyone shared a pretty cool experience that day.

For those who have never had a technique done on them by Mr. Speakman you are missing some fun.

See ya in the movies.....:)

Bill Piper

Yes, it was fun. I did make the opening credit sequence. I went to the Cast and Crew Screening in Austin whenever that was. August I think.

The website does a good job of distributing the news on the film. I am in a group that gets email updates on the progress but I don't pay close attention anymore. I think the film has come out in Spain and a US distribution deal is possible in 2004 I think.

Look for me in the opening sequence. Pay attention though, even my son didn't see me. I had the advantage of knowing when and where to look but it caught me by surprise too.

Hey, I think this post also makes me a 3rd Black on MT. Well it is my 1000th post anyway.

I also agree pretty much that PW and Street Knight were the best films until Running Red.

Happy New Year.

R

roryneil

People, please. If you are looking for martial arts and Kenpo. TPW kicks a$$. It's just one fight scene after the other, and good ones too. It was also good in that he is all bruised and banged up too, not like Bruce Lee not getting touched or anything.
Street Knight was OK, but you could tell the kenpo was being downgraded already.
The one with captain kirk had like one really good scene and that's it.
Running Red was about the same. The one with the nuclear bomb or whatever at least had a hot chick in it. The one about Atlantis was like watching Xena on the Disney channel, the one in space just plain sucked, and the one with all the real stars like Roy Scheider (?, the Jaws guy) barely used him at all.
Did I cover everything?

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by roryneil
People, please. If you are looking for martial arts and Kenpo. TPW kicks a$$. It's just one fight scene after the other, and good ones too. It was also good in that he is all bruised and banged up too, not like Bruce Lee not getting touched or anything.

Bruce Lee gets half cut to bits in Enter the Dragon!

Ian.

R

roryneil

OK, granted, but doesn't he single handedly destroy like an entire army in Enter the Dragon?

Latest Discussions