sparring "c" and "d" steps

salchichon

White Belt
Reaction score
i was reading a sparring thread and a guy responded with the below as a defensive move...

C" step and "D" step away from your oponents kicks...

what are "c" and "d" steps?

thanks...

scott

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
i was reading a sparring thread and a guy responded with the below as a defensive move...

C" step and "D" step away from your oponents kicks...

what are "c" and "d" steps?

thanks...

scott

Welcome to MT Scott!

I am not familiar with those descriptons. Was it a TKD thread? The standard terms (to the extent anything is standardized, but that's another thread) are "who-jin", "chun-jin, "ilbo who-jin", ilbo chun-jin" and cut-step.

Miles

OP
S

salchichon

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT Scott!

I am not familiar with those descriptons. Was it a TKD thread? The standard terms (to the extent anything is standardized, but that's another thread) are "who-jin", "chun-jin, "ilbo who-jin", ilbo chun-jin" and cut-step.

Miles

thanks for the welcome. yes it was a tkd thread on sparring. i wrote the author an email for an explination, but he never wrote back. that's why i'm asking here.

our school doesn't stress more than very basic korean terms, so i'm not sure if the steps you described are what i'm talking about. have any video clips of those steps being performed?

my sparring (in my opinion) comparitvely sucks to my other tkd skills, so i'm always loooking for ways to improve.

thanks for any further input...

scott

OP
S

salchichon

White Belt
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome. yes it was a tkd thread on sparring. i wrote the author an email for an explination, but he never wrote back. that's why i'm asking here.

our school doesn't stress more than very basic korean terms, so i'm not sure if the steps you described are what i'm talking about. have any video clips of those steps being performed?

my sparring (in my opinion) comparitvely sucks to my other tkd skills, so i'm always loooking for ways to improve.

thanks for any further input...

scott

here's the original thread to see the context these terms were used in.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8438&page=2&pp=15

it's the last post on the page by "hitnrun"

i wrote the author for clarification of the meanings of "c" and "d" steps, but he's never written back. that's why i'm asking here for inputs.

thanks again...

scott

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score

scott

Scott, I don't have quicktime so there may or may not be a demonstration at this site:
http://www.coachhanlee.com/tapes/tape1.html

If not, let me try to describe the steps:
Chun jin step-starting out in a fighting stance, you shuffle forward with both feet at the same time.

Who jin step-same thing but you are shuffling backward.

Ilbo chun jin step=in your fighting stance, the back leg moves forward and you resume your fighting stance 1 step forward with your torso facing the opposite direction.

ilbo who jin step-in fighting stance, the front leg moves backward so that you are now in a fighting stance 1 step behind the original starting point and your torso is facing the opposite direction.

Hope this helps!

Miles

OP
S

salchichon

White Belt
Reaction score
Scott, I don't have quicktime so there may or may not be a demonstration at this site:
http://www.coachhanlee.com/tapes/tape1.html

If not, let me try to describe the steps:
Chun jin step-starting out in a fighting stance, you shuffle forward with both feet at the same time.

Who jin step-same thing but you are shuffling backward.

Ilbo chun jin step=in your fighting stance, the back leg moves forward and you resume your fighting stance 1 step forward with your torso facing the opposite direction.

ilbo who jin step-in fighting stance, the front leg moves backward so that you are now in a fighting stance 1 step behind the original starting point and your torso is facing the opposite direction.

Hope this helps!

Miles

miles...this is a site that shows the moves you just describd...

http://www.mntaekwondocenter.com/gallery/gallery_movies-footwork.html

still don't know if those are the c and d steps though.

oh well...

scott

Latest Discussions