Sorry miss, we had to shoot your laptop

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://lilysussman.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/im-sorry-but-we-blew-up-your-laptop-welcome-to-israel/

There are 2 separate horror stories here:
1) security agents put 3 bullets through a laptop for no good reason.
2) the owner was traveling with a laptop containing years of data that wasn't backed up.

She couln't have done anything (presumably) to stop them from shooting her laptop, but traveling with your critical data on a laptop without any backups is mindnumbingly stupid. She got extremely lucky that her hard disk was not hit.

p1070618.jpg

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always know your target and beyond. :shooter:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leave anything unattended around our way and we get bomb disposal to blow it up, it's great fun!
Of course this is a blog and we only have her word that it was hers and this isn't a photo of a laptop that got mixed up in a shooting war (a mate of mine got his shot in Afghan, luckily he wasn't near it at the time), we in fact only have her word she's who she says she is or in fact she exists lol!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She did say on her blog that she'd left it unattended, that would raise questions here too only we wouldn't shoot it but do a controlled explosion on it.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Should have bought a Panasonic Toughbook, instead of a Mac.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Inshallah, I will like Israel more tomorrow"

I admire her restraint :D

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Still, the bigger horror story is the fact that she hadn't backed up in years.

Have to agree. She acknowledged having 'case notes and testimony' on there. Should she even be carrying that around? Laptops are big targets for airport thieves.

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like the two security agents have gone to the Gecko45 school of security.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OMG, I had nightmares about my PC or Laptop self imploding or being shot, blown up. Probably running the wrong software oh the horrors!

The nightmare continues...

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
On a side note, she's kind of cute :inlove: I wonder if I bought here a new laptop if she would go on a date with me. Hmmm...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Leave anything unattended around our way and we get bomb disposal to blow it up, it's great fun!

If her blog is correct, she left it 'unattended' because she was ordered to do so. I have been forced to leave bags unattended in the security line before, on the orders of the TSA. I didn't like it, but I had no choice. Sounds like she had no choice either.

Latest Discussions