Sons of Anarchy anyone?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OMG...I looooove this new series. I am so hooked on it. Unfortunately, the series finale was last week and I'm jonesing for a new episode. If they cancel this series I will be so PISSED.

If anyone else watches it, I'd love to discuss it. I want to see that ATF ***** strung up, and I think Jax and Piney are going to try and take over the club.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OMG...I looooove this new series. I am so hooked on it. Unfortunately, the series finale was last week and I'm jonesing for a new episode. If they cancel this series I will be so PISSED.

If anyone else watches it, I'd love to discuss it. I want to see that ATF ***** strung up, and I think Jax and Piney are going to try and take over the club.

Sorry but I cannot help you...I have only seen a few of them, but I love the series..

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I like the series, but there are a few things about it that irk me.

It's supposed to be in Cali, but all the bikers wear helmets, almost all the time.

A lot of the bikes have those ridiculous tiny windscreens on them.

Jax wears sneakers to ride, and wears his jeans down below his waist (sags).

I think they'll kill the ATF ***** next season.......and, yeah, Jax and Piney will have some kind of takeover attempt-without Jax even knowing that Clay killed his Dad. Should be fun.....

Sons of Anarchy renewed for season 2

Last edited:
OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like the series, but there are a few things about it that irk me.

It's supposed to be in Cali, but all the bikers wear helmets, almost all the time.

A lot of the bikes have those ridiculous tiny windscreens on them.

Jax wears sneakers to ride, and wears his jeans down below his waist (sags).

I think they'll kill the ATF ***** next season.......and, yeah, Jax and Piney will have some kind of takeover attempt-without Jax even knowing that Clay killed his Dad. Should be fun.....

Sons of Anarchy renewed for season 2

Yeah, I know what you mean about some of those little things. Like, the earring Clay wears, it looks like one of those little girl stick on things. LOL! But, the characters are well cast, and the plot is excellent. Except 2 characters irk me. One is the ATF *****, her *attitude* is just a little too over the top, and the other is Tara, her constant blase' attitude, monotone voice, and lack of ever showing a genuine smile bugs me. But, this is TV. heh

As far as the lids go, California has a helmet law no? Jax riding in sneakers is pretty bad, they should be consistent there, not that it's a law, but no *real biker* would ride in sneakers. I am hooked on the series nonetheless. :)

I missed the first couple episodes, I knew Clay killed Jax's real father, but was he ever shown? Did they ever say what really went down? I picked up the series at the castration episode.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
As far as the lids go, California has a helmet law no?

No ****? Knew there was a reason I didn't ride there anymore...:lol:

Jax riding in sneakers is pretty bad, they should be consistent there, not that it's a law, but no *real biker* would ride in sneakers.

Yeah, screw that-messing up your feet is just as bad as a crack on the noggin'.

I am hooked on the series nonetheless. :)

Didn't used to watch much TV. Goddam hotel rooms and their cable, anyway!

I missed the first couple episodes, I knew Clay killed Jax's real father, but was he ever shown? Did they ever say what really went down? I picked up the series at the castration episode.

Not shown, and they haven't said. It's always implied-especially in conversations between Jemma and Clay. Think it had something to do with the direction the club was taking (running guns? That's kind of unrealistic as well-meth,other drugs, women-sure, but guns? Guess it's somehow a more palatable crime for prime time viewing, though....)

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yep. :D I live in glorious Illinois, ack. Yes, the state of regulations, but can you believe we don't have a helmet law here? (yet)

Right? :)

Not shown, and they haven't said. It's always implied-especially in conversations between Jemma and Clay. Think it had something to do with the direction the club was taking (running guns? That's kind of unrealistic as well-meth,other drugs, women-sure, but guns? Guess it's somehow a more palatable crime for prime time viewing, though....)

Thanks. Yep, it's makes for good TV. But...I dunno...the Hell's Angels were/are into gun running I believe.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jax riding in sneakers is pretty bad, they should be consistent there, not that it's a law, but no *real biker* would ride in sneakers. I am hooked on the series nonetheless. :)

LIES. I often wear Sneakers when I ride. :p Are you saying I ain't a real biker? I got miles in the SNOW on my bike that would disagree with you. Boots won't protect your ankles as much as they tell you they will... but then again, neither will helmets. *shrug*

I watched the whole season. And FWIW, you can watch it for free on Hulu.com

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
LIES. I often wear Sneakers when I ride. :p Are you saying I ain't a real biker? I got miles in the SNOW on my bike that would disagree with you. Boots won't protect your ankles as much as they tell you they will... but then again, neither will helmets. *shrug*

Can't see how helmets protect your ankles at all, but that's okay....:lfao:

Safety rules aside, no patch holder would ride in sneakers. Redwings, doc Marten's or some other "safety shoe." Not so much for riding, though there is that to it.

The better to stomp you with. :lfao:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Didn't used to watch much TV. Goddam hotel rooms and their cable, anyway!

Gun running is very, very believable for an OMG. Along with meth especially, and other drugs to a lesser extent, it's one of the big criminal activities for OMGs.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Gun running is very, very believable for an OMG. Along with meth especially, and other drugs to a lesser extent, it's one of the big criminal activities for OMGs.

Not as a sole source of income. While they've been showing doing some hijackings, and one murder for profit (that they shied away from), the club's principle income seems to be from their guns, which isn't really sustainable on the scale portrayed in the TV show.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't argue the extent... I haven't really watched the series, though some of my colleagues are big fans. (I just missed enough of the beginning not to get into it; I'll probably watch it when they start the re-runs.)

As to the various "business" activities of OMGs... Even considering meth dealing, there's really not any of them that the business side is all that successful, though various chapters do better than others. HA may be the most financially successful, in the most mixed ways... but even the HA clubs I'm familiar with aren't hugely financially successful.

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Bad Boy! You should know better. ;) Seriously, boots protect your feet, not just your ankles. And you should have a heel for the peg. But, who am I to talk, I always wear boots, but not a helmet.

I watched the whole season. And FWIW, you can watch it for free on Hulu.com

Cool. I'd like to catch the few episodes I missed.

They don't deal meth on the show. Wendy is in rehab. Running guns as a sole source of income? I dunno if it's feasible or not but it makes for a damn good show. :D

Last edited:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jade Tigeress said:
Seriously, boots protect your feet, not just your ankles. And you should have a heel for the peg. But, who am I to talk, I always wear boots, but not a helmet.

I hate pegs, I love the floorboards..I'm with you Jade I always wear boots and not a helmet..And in case anyone posts YES, I have been down a few times...

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I love this show. I watched it when it first started and have been hooked ever since.
I can't wait next year until the new season begins.

I must say that I am a fan of F/X network due to the shows they air on t.v. They don't show re-runs and the shows always deliver every week. I just wish they did more episodes for their shows.

My favorite shows happen to be on F/X:
Nip/Tuck (so sad this is the final season)
Rescue Me (Damn shame I have to wait this long for the new season to start)
Sons of Anarchy

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is'nt thisa show about drug dealers, extortionists and thiefs??

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is'nt thisa show about drug dealers, extortionists and thiefs??

"Sons of Anarchy" is an adrenalized drama with darkly comedic undertones about a notorious outlaw motorcycle club intent on protecting their sheltered small town against encroaching drug dealers, corporate developers and overzealous law officers. The club is equally determined to protect their ruthless and illegally thriving arms business. Charlie Hunnam stars as Jackson 'Jax' Teller, a man whose love for the brotherhood is tested by his growing apprehension for its lawlessness. Katey Sagal stars as Gemma Teller Morrow, Jax's force-of-nature mother, who along with Ron Perlman as Clarance 'Clay' Morrow, Jax's stepfather and MC president, have their own darker vision for the club.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/tv/sons_of_anarchy/summary.html

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Gee, so we now cast the Outlaws as good guys and the law officers as bad guys.

There is'nt anything good aboutgangs

Latest Discussions