Sons of Anarchy anyone?

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gee, so we now cast the Outlaws as good guys and the law officers as bad guys.

There is'nt anything good aboutgangs

No, actually, the bad guys are cast as bad guys. You should probably watch the show before making judgments. My initial comment about the "ATF *****" was in regards to the story line of her using inappropriate methods of capture which caused an innocent person to be killed, leaving two young children motherless. She's what you'd call a bad *good* guy.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Hey if the shoe fits... which in this case it does. Even the bad guys in the "Good Guy" organization are painted as Buy guys. And a Motorcycle Club is not automatically a "gang" just cuz its easy to paint them that way.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

ahem!-Sopranos?

The Shield, also on FX, was about totally villainous cops. (It was excellent, too!)

Someone else mentioned Nip/Tuck, where the central characters, while not necessarily "criminal," display more than a little moral ambiguity....

Dexter, about a CSI blood-spatter analyst, who's a serial killer......

House, about a misanthropic, drug-addicted physician.....

Rescue Me, about a manipulative, hypocritical, self-destructive, narcisistic, alchoholic fire man.....

So, yeah-writers make "outlaws" into "good guys." (Central characters? Protagonists?) and "police officers" into "bad guys." (Antagonists?) It's only entertainment, and not for children. If one doesn't find it entertaining,one should change the channel. If one finds it confusing, then one probably needs to grow up.

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Saw this this morning, found it interesting.

More than a dozen people, most of them police officers, were charged Tuesday, accused of acting as lookouts during drug deals and poker games, and in some cases, dealing drugs themselves.

Article.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First couple seasons are on DVD... go rent em.

Lemme know when you figure out who the Icetruck Killer is.

:D

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First couple seasons are on DVD... go rent em.

Lemme know when you figure out who the Icetruck Killer is.

:D

Cool. I'll definitely rent them. I'll let know when I figure it out. Prolly won't take me too long. :p

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I got the first season of Dexter on DVD, and it rocks! I just finished watching episode 5, the one where Dexter gets the human traffickers killing the Cubans.

The Icetruck Killer....hmmmm....John's comment made me think it must be someone already shown in the series if it's something that can be guessed before it's revealed. But no, I don't think that's it anymore, there's no one I would place. Now I'm thinking since Dexter was adopted, maybe he had a brother with the same *tendencies* who was not adopted by the kind of father that was able to shape his outlets. Just guessing at this point, though it's driving me crazy. lol

Another great series. :asian:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now I'm thinking since Dexter was adopted, maybe he had a brother with the same *tendencies* who was not adopted by the kind of father that was able to shape his outlets. Just guessing at this point, though it's driving me crazy. lol

Another great series. :asian:

Heh Heh. You are on the right track...

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do they really have a logo on their jackets as depicted in the ad? That's some well-organized anarchy right there. :rofl:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do they really have a logo on their jackets as depicted in the ad? That's some well-organized anarchy right there. :rofl:

The fact that Anarchy = Chaos and disorder is a misnomer, and something people have no clue about.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
1.Absence of any form of political authority.
2.Political disorder and confusion.
3.Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

All things people wouldnt really want once they got them.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
The fact that Anarchy = Chaos and disorder is a misnomer, and something people have no clue about.

I didn't imply that anarchy = chaos, nor do I want to threadjack this into yet another argument about political theories.