Something tells me this isn't going to catch on...

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[h=1]Scientists find the secret of longer life for men (the bad news: Castration is the key)[/h]
By Mark Prigg Daily Mail EXCERPT:

PUBLISHED: 13:10 EST, 24 September 2012 | UPDATED: 13:12 EST, 24 September 2012
Scientists have found a sure-fire way for men to live longer - but most red-blooded males will find the method unpalatably painful.

Researchers have shown that eunuchs - castrated men living in Korea centuries ago - outlived other men by a significant margin.

They say their findings suggest that male sex hormones are responsible for shortening the lives of men.

The evidence comes after careful study of genealogy records of noble members of the Imperial court of the Korean Chosun dynasty (AD 1392-1910).

Kyung-Jin Min, of Inha University, said: 'This discovery adds an important clue for understanding why there is a difference in the expected life span between men and women.'

The castrated boys in Korea lost their reproductive organs in accidents - usually after being bitten by dogs - or underwent castration purposefully to gain early access to the palace.

Eunuchs were allowed to marry and had families by adopting castrated boys or normal girls.

People in those days kept careful genealogy records as proof that they were of the noble class.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I concur, Don; more years of life is tempting ... but not that tempting :D

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
By the way, other research from a while back showed that those men that do not have children also live longer {not really a surprise there :lol:}.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
By the way, other research from a while back showed that those men that do not have children also live longer {not really a surprise there :lol:}.

LOL, NO KIDDING!

(what about the women?)

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
ah, the old joke: Married men don't live longer, it only feels longer...

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:grins: Another oldie that has ever made me chuckle (somewhat racist so my apologies to any offended (tho' you could change the 'target' to any race or group and it'd still be the same joke)) is:

Why do Jewish men die before their wives? ... ... ... Because they want to! :D

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once you hit 70 years old or more, nature takes care of it for ya................

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
:grins: Another oldie that has ever made me chuckle (somewhat racist so my apologies to any offended (tho' you could change the 'target' to any race or group and it'd still be the same joke)) is:

Why do Jewish men die before their wives? ... ... ... Because they want to! :D

Reminds me of another joke:

Q. Why is divorce so expensive?
A. Because it's worth it.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Reminds me of another joke:

Q. Why is divorce so expensive?
A. Because it's worth it.

That makes me think of my younger days! I lost 150 pounds the easy way, I divorced her.

And it happened because I felt like she was trying to make me live longer! :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well you know they say that Dong Haichuan may have been a eunuch and his Bagua was amazing so if that is true and with that in mind plus the longer life.. well then I guess I can say.....nope...not gonna do it.. not a chance....uhuh :D

Latest Discussions