Soke Charles Fisher

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ever hear of him? I was googling across the web and stumbled across his website . He is the head of the SAKANA-DAN RYU GOJU-KENPO KARATE-JUTSU
(FISH-MAN STYLE HARD SOFT-FIST LAW EMPTY HAND-ART) syle and is also a fith degree in EPAK, and a forth in Kajukenbo. He seems well travled and a pretty remarkable guy. Just thought I'd pass it on.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
From Page 3 of Bio
24--NINJUTSU STUDIO
12452 OXNARD STREET
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA 91606-4516
I LEARNED NINJUTSU (STEALTH ART) AND TAUGHT KENDO (SWORD WAY) AND KENJUTSU (SWORD ART). THE OWNER WAS FRANK W. DUX, SHIDOSHI.

25--NINJUTSU STUDIO
19455 OXNARD STREET
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA 91606
I LEARNED NINJUTSU (STEALTH ART) AND TAUGHT KENJUTSU (SWORD ART). THE OWNER WAS FRANK W. DUX. SHIDOSHI.

26--NINJUTSU STUDIO
6422 COLDWATER CANYON
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA 91606-1113
I LEARNED NINJUTSU (STEALTH ART) AND TAUGHT JAPANESE KODOKAN (TO TEACH - THE GIVEN WAY - OF THE HALL) JUDO (GENTLE WAY). THE OWNER WAS FRANK W. DUX, SHIDOSHI.
FRANK W. DUX WEB SITE IS AT:
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~ninjitsu/
Frank Dux? :shrug:
(2)--INTERNATIONAL KENPO KARATE ASSOCIATION (IKKA) IN PASADENA, CALIFORNIA--ED PARKER, SHICHIDAN--SEVENTH DEGREE BLACK BELT.
(A)--SANDAN--THIRD DEGREE BLACK BELT ON JANUARY 21, 1969 AND NOVEMBER 12, 1970 AND THE CODE NUMBER: 1-01-38CFHI-01
(B)--YODAN--FOURTH DEGREE BLACK BELT ON OCTOBER 22, 1971 AND THE CODE NUMBER: 1-0138CFAP-01
(C)--GODAN--FIFTH DEGREE BLACK BELT ON OCTOBER 16, 1972 AND THE CODE NUMBER: 1-0138CFAP-01
ED PARKER GOT UP TO SENIOR GRANDMASTER AND JUDAN--TENTH DEGREE BLACK BELT BEFORE HE DIED.
ED PARKER MEMORIAL IS AT:
http://www.toptown.com/INNERCIRCLE/TORASEISHIN/parker1.htm
ED PARKER KENPO KARATE IS AT:
http://www.edparkerikka.com/
No mention of him on the family tree from the IKKO.
No mention of him on the Kenpo Net family tree.
nor here http://www.georgiakenpo.net/lineage/tree00.htm
nor here: http://www.homestead.com/unitedparkerskenpoupk/FamilyTree1.html
nor here: http://www.aksnewarkde.com/Ed Parker Family Tree.html

I have checked several version of the family tree as of the 1982 revision, the man is not on it, anywhere.

The other links he has given do not list a "family tree".

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually he is on the Kajukenbo family tree under John Leoning. Leoning died in 1978, so I don't think Mr. Fisher has been affliated with Kajukenbo since then.

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I did take it with a grain of salt. But can anyone explain his 5th cert? My guess is...he came in with it? He doesn't claim training up to his fifth in EPAK, it's just....there.

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hollywood1340
Ever hear of him? I was googling across the web and stumbled across his website . He is the head of the SAKANA-DAN RYU GOJU-KENPO KARATE-JUTSU
(FISH-MAN STYLE HARD SOFT-FIST LAW EMPTY HAND-ART) syle and is also a fith degree in EPAK, and a forth in Kajukenbo. He seems well travled and a pretty remarkable guy. Just thought I'd pass it on.

Hi Folks!
After looking at his website and the IKKA membership card [no certificate from the IKKA on his certificate page] I can only sumize that Mr. Fisher received rank recognition due to his Okinawan Kempo/kenpo training, not due to training and achieving black belt rank from training with Mr. Parker. This seems to be the case with Mr. Fisher's Rank from the USKA of Robert Trias. I do recognize mr. Fisher's picture,but not from any association with the IKKA. If he indeed does have a certificate, I'll wager it's the old "small" certificates given to those whose ranks were "recognized" by Mr. Parker, but as I stated previously, he only shows the membership card on his site.
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ever hear of him?

NOPE! I have NOT.

I was googling across the web and stumbled across his website .

So, last I checked...... anyone could throw up a website and put anything and everything they want on it.... NO CHECKS AND BALANCES OR PROOF.
(Beware..... there is much junk and misinformation out there!) Don't believe everything you see, read, hear!

He is the head of the SAKANA-DAN RYU GOJU-KENPO KARATE-JUTSU
(FISH-MAN STYLE HARD SOFT-FIST LAW EMPTY HAND-ART) syle and is also a fith degree in EPAK, and a forth in Kajukenbo.

And several others as I recall. I have never met an individual that has this many certifications, who is actually competent and legit in EACH without being "given" such and such a rank, or a member of a "good ole' boy club", have paid for them from dubious means such as "Chief Romans" or "Dragon Kenpo"'s Black Belt Programs for sale, or other useless means like winning certification on ebay!

I "have" met some who are truly exceptional and "have" received rank in two or possibly 3 different arts legitimacy and know the respective material required by those systems, but a seemingly never ending page of certifications........ well...... you go figure.

He seems well travled and a pretty remarkable guy.

Have you met him to be able to vouch for him being a "remarkable guy? Or are you just taking his word for it?

:confused:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Shiatsu
http://www.wdob.net/wdob/students/shihan.php

Here is a good one:rofl: :rofl:
This is the Kenpo forum, the gentleman you linked to only claims a yellow in EPAK, so I don't see where we have an issue with him. It does appear that he stole IKKA descriptions word for word, but that is Mr. Parker. jr.' s issue to deal with, not ours.

S

Smoke Of Avernia

Originally posted by Seig
This is the Kenpo forum, the gentleman you linked to only claims a yellow in EPAK, so I don't see where we have an issue with him.

Cassidy's only point was to slander the name and slander the school. He's upset at Mr. Bennett for blowing him off one day.

Originally posted by Seig
It does appear that he stole IKKA descriptions word for word.

With permission of the IKKA.

See ya in class Cass.

S

Shiatsu

Funny how many people are dishonest or disloyal now. Even Jeff his student of over 15 years. Andre, well considering how Shihan spoke of him, I am not suprised. You'll be next, it is only a matter of time when the only thing a instructor cares about is money.:rofl:

C

CoolKempoDude

oh my lord, we have another soke in MA world????

damn, Don't you love America for what it is ????

i have seen many sokes in my life and soke thing is getting better and better every day

perhaps, we should create a community who will regulate "SOKE" BEFORE this thing is getting out of hand and i believe it is way out of hand already

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
Oh my lord, we have another soke in MA world????

i have seen many sokes in my life and soke thing is getting better and better every day, perhaps, we should have regulated the ability to become "SOKE" BEFORE this thing got out of hand (and i believe it is way out of hand)!!

:rofl: Ever get the feeling we are being left behind?:shrug:

Latest Discussions