Skipping training out of laziness

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguing from authority citing Charles Bell? That would be like telling me I'm arguing from authority citing Darwin on evolutionary morphology, or Einstein on tensor physics.

None of Bell's work is unsupported. Are you also learning as you go using Bing?

You are arguing from ignorance about the father of modern pain medicine. I'm sorry, this admin trolling combined with the intentional slowing down of my account is too much.

The anti science attitude here is not worth any more serious discussion. I thought we could have an intelligent conversation. You appear to want the last word, but you are wrong.
You seem to not understand what argument from authority is, and have completely misused the concept of argument from ignorance.

Glaeken

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hmm. I doubt you.
What the hell is wrong with you.

Is this your thing, troll veterans online because you run a website? Tough guy.

You look you can't handle much pain Gerry. Let's meet up in person and I'll school you on hand to hand fighting, psychosomatic pain, and combat trauma.

Kentucky is it? I read there was a meetup occurring soon. How afraid of pain are you?

Glaeken

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You seem to not understand what argument from authority is, and have completely misused the concept of argument from ignorance.
You just used both incorrectly.

Charles Bell is a valid authority on what we're discussing.

All of you trying to debate Charles Bell's work is "discredited" are arguing from ignorance.

And you are abusing your authority right now. I'm a medical expert. You run some sort of website cabal that unfairly targets new users who don't tout the party line.

Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. And you're annoying me.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You are being intellectually dishonest, and so is whoever is intentionally slowing my access to the website, but still challenging me with interrogation.
How am I intellectually dishonest?
And why do you think think someone here is slowing your access to the website? Maybe you need a better ISP plan, maybe your ISP plan isn't the fastest. Maybe you got malware slowing down your connection. Maybe you got tons of stuff running in the background. If you aren't on a computer, then maybe your mobile phone service just isn't the best. Why do you assume that someone from Martialtalk is going out of their way to specifically make your connection slow?

Apparently the blood I can't wash off my hands, even in dreams, is a big joke to you.
Goal Post Move Detection -
I don't even know what you are talking about. I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about blood on your hands and your dreams. I definitely didn't say you are a joke. If you have mental and emotional trauma that has you unbalanced then you can either share it, keep it to yourself, or share it with your doctor. But don't put words into my mouth about how I see you as a person.

Through the entire thread, I haven't said anything about you as a person.
Stick to Bing searches and stay away from medical research. Your claims about Charles Bell are uninformed.
For what purpose? If someone wants to know about research, topics, or martial arts. One of the best places to go is the Internet. Which gives you access to other people's research, their findings, and experiences. If you don't mention Charles Bell then I won't mention Charles Bell. You were the one who originally mentioned the pain theory and Charles Bell not me.

You can also add another disagree to this post as well if it makes you feel better. It won't change how I respond to things. but it may make you feel better.

Fear of pain is a major challenge to training. And amongst actual doctors, there is general consensus.
Moving Goal Post detection.
And know I haven't read it, because I don't see what it has to do with any of the previous conversations about "No pain, No gain" or about Martial arts training, nor about pain having no purpose.

I also don't want to know about it, because you see my disagreements as "Challenging you." So I'm giving you an out right here and now. If you don't want people to comment, share their thoughts, or disagree, then don't post it.

Are you also learning as you go using Bing?
Everyone learns as they go. Everything you know now is the accumulated result of you learning as you go.

I'm sorry, this admin trolling combined with the intentional slowing down of my account is too much.
Again. What purpose would someone have to intentionally slow down the website just to get at you? That's not how websites work.

Feel free to start here Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Start with a speed test. If that shows your Internet speed is good then start looking at what is running in the background. Use bing to see what other things could be causing a slow connection. Learn as you go.

The anti science attitude here is not worth any more serious discussion. I thought we could have an intelligent conversation. You appear to want the last word, but you are wrong.
This is wrong. These guys are actually very into science from what I seen. Don't get them started on numbers and formulas. They like that type of stuff. As soon as you start talking about physic, you're going to be glad that they bing and google exists.

Two things that really get me going.
1. I don't like when people accuse me of being something I'm not.
2. I don't like when people accuse others of being something that they are not.

This website definitely has a nerd collection lol. No offense guys, but yeah. There's a reason I don't talk physics with you guys lol. Just saying. Martial Arts, Nerds, and Science are usually not far from each other. Two of the students from my old school are doctors and one is currently my doctor now. The other one is a surgeon. My son's doctor is a black belt in TKD. Just saying. Things like that seem to be the norm.

Even those who aren't doctors lean towards science and body mechanics. I guess it comes with the territory.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You look you can't handle much pain Gerry. Let's meet up in person and I'll school you on hand to hand fighting, psychosomatic pain, and combat trauma.

Kentucky is it? I read there was a meetup occurring soon. How afraid of pain are you?
hmmm I'm going to go out on a limb and say that an attitude like that won't get you any invites. While people are meeting up to learn from each other. You want to deal out pain.

Personally, nothing Gerry has said deserves such comments.

Glaeken

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Enjoy your Neo.
How am I intellectually dishonest?
And why do you think think someone here is slowing your access to the website? Maybe you need a better ISP plan, maybe your ISP plan isn't the fastest. Maybe you got malware slowing down your connection. Maybe you got tons of stuff running in the background. If you aren't on a computer, then maybe your mobile phone service just isn't the best. Why do you assume that someone from Martialtalk is going out of their way to specifically make your connection slow?

Goal Post Move Detection -
I don't even know what you are talking about. I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about blood on your hands and your dreams. I definitely didn't say you are a joke. If you have mental and emotional trauma that has you unbalanced then you can either share it, keep it to yourself, or share it with your doctor. But don't put words into my mouth about how I see you as a person.

Through the entire thread, I haven't said anything about you as a person.

For what purpose? If someone wants to know about research, topics, or martial arts. One of the best places to go is the Internet. Which gives you access to other people's research, their findings, and experiences. If you don't mention Charles Bell then I won't mention Charles Bell. You were the one who originally mentioned the pain theory and Charles Bell not me.

You can also add another disagree to this post as well if it makes you feel better. It won't change how I respond to things. but it may make you feel better.

Moving Goal Post detection.
And know I haven't read it, because I don't see what it has to do with any of the previous conversations about "No pain, No gain" or about Martial arts training, nor about pain having no purpose.

I also don't want to know about it, because you see my disagreements as "Challenging you." So I'm giving you an out right here and now. If you don't want people to comment, share their thoughts, or disagree, then don't post it.

Everyone learns as they go. Everything you know now is the accumulated result of you learning as you go.

Again. What purpose would someone have to intentionally slow down the website just to get at you? That's not how websites work.

Feel free to start here Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Start with a speed test. If that shows your Internet speed is good then start looking at what is running in the background. Use bing to see what other things could be causing a slow connection. Learn as you go.

This is wrong. These guys are actually very into science from what I seen. Don't get them started on numbers and formulas. They like that type of stuff. As soon as you start talking about physic, you're going to be glad that they bing and google exists.

Two things that really get me going.
1. I don't like when people accuse me of being something I'm not.
2. I don't like when people accuse others of being something that they are not.

This website definitely has a nerd collection lol. No offense guys, but yeah. There's a reason I don't talk physics with you guys lol. Just saying. Martial Arts, Nerds, and Science are usually not far from each other. Two of the students from my old school are doctors and one is currently my doctor now. The other one is a surgeon. My son's doctor is a black belt in TKD. Just saying. Things like that seem to be the norm.

Even those who aren't doctors lean towards science and body mechanics. I guess it comes with the territory.
They are slowing down my access to the website. It's a built in user harrassment feature.

And now that I know they're making money off Neo Nazis, I suggest you exercise extreme caution being associated with this site.

And seriously if you want to successfully debate pain medicine, abandon Bing and go start medical school, get ranked/placed and then specialize in something like I did, cardiothoric trauma, and save a life or ten.

Until then stick to web forums.

I'm out.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Glaeken

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hmmm I'm going to go out on a limb and say that an attitude like that won't get you any invites. While people are meeting up to learn from each other. You want to deal out pain.

Personally, nothing Gerry has said deserves such comments.
Sure he has.

You both talk like thugs, you became an expert in pain medicine with Bing, and have the nerve to lecture me on pain. He's an expert on arguments but thinks citing Charles Bell is an "appeal to authority" fallacy, and it's not.

I know when I'm being gaslit. You should learn.

Glaeken

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You are talking out your rear.

Get a real education in medical science.

Start with Dr. Charles Bell..

"was a Scottish anatomist whose New Idea of Anatomy of the Brain (1811) has been called the “Magna Carta of neurology.”

I hope you reread this thread sometime, and learn from your angry, thoughtless mistakes.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They are slowing down my access to the website. It's a built in user harassment feature.
I could be wrong, but I don't think it is. The built in user "harassment feature" would be ban IP or lock account. There is no benefit of slowing down a specific user from accessing a website when it's just easier to ban the IP, lock the account, or delete the account.

Slowing connection speed falls more into what ISPs do when you go over your bandwidth. Restarting the modem and clearing the cache can sometimes help with connection speeds. VPN can also give you slower connections at times.

And now that I know they're making money off Neo Nazis, I suggest you exercise extreme caution being associated with this site.
The only ads that I'm seeing on the site are graphic design ads which is another one of my hobbies. The reason I'm seeing those ads is because of the cookies on my computer. What you are seeing may be related to the types of sites that you visit. It doesn't have to be a Neo Nazis site, but going to certain political sites may drop a Neo Nazis cookie on your browser. Clear your cache and your cookies and those type of ads will go away. It's just how Internet Marketing works today. It has nothing to do with the website itself. Ads follow you based on the type of websites you visit. Thank Google for that gift.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"was a Scottish anatomist whose New Idea of Anatomy of the Brain (1811) has been called the “Magna Carta of neurology.”

I hope you reread this thread sometime, and learn from your angry, thoughtless mistakes.
That’s close, but not the same as your previous claim.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leaving aside academic arguments regarding the physiological and neurological mechanisms of pain, one thing that does come with experience is an improved ability to distinguish between the discomfort of a physical stimulus which isn’t necessarily the sign of actual danger and pain which indicates that something is being damaged or is about to be damaged. It’s useful to be able to tell the difference.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Just checking. Is "Magna Carta of Neurology" the same as "Father of Pain Medicine" I can only research what you give me.

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They are slowing down my access to the website. It's a built in user harrassment feature.

Are you really this hostile and paranoid or just using this site to vent your repressed aggressiveness? If you have any advanced training in TMA you should have a more balanced and less abrasive attitude. Whatever, you're doing yourself no favors in the PR department.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An interesting off-shoot of the recent discussions of pain - I got to thinking about what the worst pains were I've experienced. The piece of angle iron into the back of my leg doesn't even hit the top 5. I think the shattered bone spur in my big toe might be 3rd. The dislocations might make the top 10. Back pain I think takes the other top 4 spots, followed closely by nerve pain in my leg.

Latest Discussions