Siu Nim Tau - McDojo Style

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think they may have mastered the "no-touch biu gee strike" because after watching it just once my eyes hurt and I feel a little sick. :depressed:

OP
M

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think they may have mastered the "no-touch biu gee strike" because after watching it just once my eyes hurt and I feel a little sick. :depressed:

Shh, we don't talk about that outside of the Black Belt Club(TM). Someone might get hurt.

PiedmontChun

Purple Belt
Reaction score
And the wobbling at the knees and shoulders trying to do it at that speed with no rooting...

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Appears to be someone who has learned the gross movements and positions but has no real knowledge or understanding as to what it is about.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Then his skills are quite advanced! We must seek revenge!!! :D

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
------------------------------

Me too

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's obvious why. WC is a basic system that is easily mastered ecause it has only three forms and no foot work. :banghead:
Easily added to your curriculum.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Okay… the first thing to understand is that this is not Wing Chun per se… it's the "Wing Chun" methods (forms) taken and taught as part of the eclectic Vietnamese system Cuong Nhu. As such, it suffers as badly as each of the other arts they've tried to simply cut and paste into their methods… I'd never expect anything that truly represents the original source of any quality myself. A brief coverage is in this thread… if you follow the link in post 13, you'll see a lot more discussion on the issues with this system: Training in Three TMA | MartialTalk.Com - Friendly Martial Arts Forum Community

That said, I wouldn't label it "Siu Lim Tao McDojo Style", on a number of levels… one, it'd be "McKwoon" for a Chinese system (ha!)… but a little more seriously, as it's not actually Wing Chun, it can't (and shouldn't) be genuinely compared with the methodology of an actual Wing Chun school. It simply doesn't match the definition of a "McDojo"… more a sadly ill-informed and poorly designed system trying to be many things without managing to be any one of them.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here's another version, possibly from the same school?

...OK, I take that back. Rimmer's version is better. :D

Last edited:

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's obvious why. WC is a basic system that is easily mastered ecause it has only three forms and no foot work. :banghead:
Easily added to your curriculum.

Actually how many forms WC has depends upon real depends on the lineage.

And yes, WC has footwork, but only in certain styles of WC is it taught. The footwork is shifting from a number of stances and also what westerners could call slipping the jab

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually how many forms WC has depends upon real depends on the lineage.

And yes, WC has footwork, but only in certain styles of WC is it taught. The footwork is shifting from a number of stances and also what westerners could call slipping the jab

Interesting. Care to elaborate?

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Interesting. Care to elaborate?

Sure.
Regarding forms, Here is 1 example. (I have many)
The family branch called "Yuen Kay-San" Wing Chun forms are composed of the following.

1. Sup Yi Sik (12 Forms),
2. the Three Standard Wing Chun Sets,
3. the Wooden Dummy and,
4. the Six and a Half Point Pole,
5. the Double Knives,and
6. Sun Hei Gwai Yuen

The movements of Yuen Kay San Wing Chun Kuen are both linear and circular, each one complementing the other and always following the theories of the style.

Many linear movements have circular counterparts, and vice-versa, which greatly enhance their flexibility and effectiveness. The lines and circles, the hard and soft, are used in combination in the form and in the application of the movements. They are relaxed and flexible, yet they can express an explosive and elastic energy which grants them considerable power while retaining maximum control and adaptability.

The Sup Yi Sik (12 Forms), organized by grandmaster Sum Nung based on the San Sik of Cheung Bo and Yuen Kay-San, are composed of 12 main sets and several extensions. The 12 Forms range from simple motions like Jee Ng Choi (Meridian-Line Punch) and its extensions Sam Sing Choi (3 Star Punch) and Lien Wan Choi (Continuous Punch), to combination movements like Bak Hok Kam Wu (White Crane Catches the Fox), to short routines like Duk Lung Choi (Single Dragon Punch).

Some of these techniques form the foundation of Yuen Kay San Wing Chun Kuen's early training, while others are the basis for many complementary exercises.

The Three Boxing Sets of Yuen Kay San Wing Chun Kuen are Siu Lien Tao (Little First Training, also known as Siu Nim Tao, Little Idea), Chum Kiu (Sinking Bridge), and Biu Jee (Thrusting Fingers). These Sets contain the majority of the movements, theories, and concepts of Yuen Kay San Wing Chun Kuen.

Sun Hei Gwai Yuen (Kidney Breath Returns to Source). They are short, Qigong-like sets typically practiced after training to re-energize and revitalize the body. The Kidney Breath Return Invigoration includes exercises like San Hei (Yielding Breath) and Gong Hung (Expanding Chest)

Latest Discussions