Siu Lim Tau Comparison

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You and Guy are the ones who are disagreeing with the consensus. The burden of proof falls to you to validate your claims.

Many videos of PB show it being done correctly as per WSL VT.

I don't need a clip of you, just something showing your gate punch

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
You and Guy are the ones who are disagreeing with the consensus. The burden of proof falls to you to validate your claims.

We didn't make the original claim that the elbow idea from SNT is universal in YM lineages.

So far, people have demonstrated that it is not.

OP
N

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

I don't need a clip of you, just something showing your gate punch
I've already stated that I've seen PB do it. If I provide it for you how will I know you're not just blowing smoke. Post a clip of PB doing it, or better yet yourself then I will confirm or not.

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
We didn't make the original claim that the elbow idea from SNT is universal in YM lineages.

So far, people have demonstrated that it is not.

Correct.

For TWC we see that the idea is not universal. Shouldn't be a problem because TWC claims to be different, doesn't it?

No idea why those from non YM systems would even care if they are different, if indeed they are, which is proving impossible to find out.

OP
N

Nobody Important

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Seems some of you want to claim you have everything in WSLVT plus more, for some reason.
I've never claimed any such thing. Perhaps you are coming to realize that WSL VT really isn't as different as you once believed.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never claimed any such thing. Perhaps you are coming to realize that WSL VT really isn't as different as you once believed.

No. It has been further confirmed by this conversation.

Again, the difference should not be a problem to you since you train an unrelated system. You are only missing these ideas if they were meant to be in your system and were somehow lost. That concerns folks who train YMVT. You train something else, so...? Don't worry about it.

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Seems very different so far, from what I have seen. Given that KPM's punch is one of your gate punches then your system appears to lack elbow ideas.

For something that is WC 101, gaining this small and probably to you irrelevant bit of info has been incredibly difficult.

You give the impression that having everything is a matter of pride. Why not just be content with your system as it is? After all since YKS senior to YM, maybe YM had it all wrong from your point of view.

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So given information in this thread, what are the most likely explanations for YM VT being different?

The first explanation would be that YM created these differences himself. The second would be that this information was lost from other older systems over time.

Any opinions?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, at least for VT, we prefer to increase %s.
Do you really not see that this kind of statement is most readily interpreted as "I'm not sure if anyone else likes to protect their butts from getting beaten up, but we do, which is why we do this thing." I'm not sure what you were trying to say, but if you weren't trying to say, "If you don't do this, you're not getting the same % advantage we do", then you missed.

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you really not see that this kind of statement is most readily interpreted as "I'm not sure if anyone else likes to protect their butts from getting beaten up, but we do, which is why we do this thing." I'm not sure what you were trying to say, but if you weren't trying to say, "If you don't do this, you're not getting the same % advantage we do", then you missed.

That was said in response to the "if it works, that's all that matters" attitude.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Punch with the elbow, below elbow is irrelevant

And I was punching with the elbow when I did the "excluding punch" in that clip. That's how it works.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score

Ok. So please pick one that you think is a good example of what you've been talking about and post it here so we can all be sure we understand what you've been saying and how it differs from what we have been saying.

Latest Discussions