Silly actors: Ben Affleck

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You ever thought of quoting the relevant part of the article your linking to?

And once in a while give a real oppinion as what you think of the subject?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is for the reader to decide what is relevant, I just bring up articles that interest me. If you have read other posts, I am not shy about commenting. I think most times the person writing the article has a better or the same take as I do, and they are usually better at stating the issue or opinion.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It is for the reader to decide what is relevant, I just bring up articles that interest me. If you have read other posts, I am not shy about commenting. I think most times the person writing the article has a better or the same take as I do, and they are usually better at stating the issue or opinion.

No, actually. Something in in article tweaked your interest. That is the relevant part. If it's the entire article, a part that summarizes the gist is what you quote. Be mindfull that a lot of us will not just follow links.

And the majprity of yopur posts are either just links, or the comment is in the ilk of. "Rush said this... {link}."

We want to hear YOUR critical thoughts.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, actually. Something in in article tweaked your interest. That is the relevant part. If it's the entire article, a part that summarizes the gist is what you quote. Be mindfull that a lot of us will not just follow links.
And the majprity of yopur posts are either just links, or the comment is in the ilk of. "Rush said this... {link}."
We want to hear YOUR critical thoughts.

LOL. His critical thought will most likely be a Rush or Stossel quote.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The town was good though. As dumb as Affleck seems, it is hard not to like him. He has a niceness about him that makes him less annoying.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually Omar Rush is on vacation for the rest of the week, but Mark Steyn is filling in. His book, "America Alone," is a great read about the way Europe is failing to reproduce enough tax payers to support its welfare state. I may have to link to his site or quote him during Rush's vacation.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah..guys who run corporations that supply jobs to many people are not worth millions of dollars...but actors are?

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
You ever thought of quoting the relevant part of the article your linking to?

And once in a while give a real oppinion as what you think of the subject?

Ever thought of ignoring threads started by people you obviously don't like???

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever thought of ignoring threads started by people you obviously don't like???

I could agree with what you say but, and it's a big but, MT is a martial arts site, discussion about other things in the Study is an adjunct to the martial arts talk. If Billichik posted equally keenly on any martial arts topics it would go a long way to showing he isn't some sort of political troll. All his posts are links to media sites, there's little room for discussion as many of us won't click onto links without knowing what they are so it leaves discussion threadbare. All the replies are basically one liners. I only have a look at his threads now depending on who I see has posted last when I click on new posts etc.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have any rules in place stating that if you don't post martial arts related threads that you are subject to "special treatment"?

Im bettin that if he were of a more "liberal bent" that there wouldn't be such interest. I think the need to post on his threads is driven by personal animus.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have any rules in place stating that if you don't post martial arts related threads that you are subject to "special treatment"?

Im bettin that if he were of a more "liberal bent" that there wouldn't be such interest. I think the need to post on his threads is driven by personal animus.

It's not the political bent of the posts that frustrates me it's the impersonality of them. It would be nice to see the person behind the endless media links express views. The fact that the views could be different from mine makes it more interesting, I will happily debate and discuss but it's hard to do that with second hand views from media types.

It's very harsh of you to decide we are driven by a dislike, hatred even of views opposite to ours, I think you'll find you are wrong. I find that if we all agree it may be pleasant but it's also very boring, I like a good political argument and would welcome someone with whom I can do that but again I can't if it's just a link to a 'personality'.

It would allay any concerns that this is just political trolling if there were perhaps some martial arts posts and some posts that didn't include links only. I can't promise we'd all agree with him but it would be a far livier discussion if it were person to person.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
obsess much?

Don't be a silly boy, it takes seconds to look at how many posts people have and where they post. I'm trying to get you to see that you look like serial political troll at the moment. Put something of yourself in your posts and leave off with so many links that people won't open. Express yourself don't rely on secondhand views from so called celebritities.

Latest Discussions