For everyone missing a loved one this Christmas

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Christmas in a few days. This reminds me.I was fortunate to be with all three of my pets when they died, (Fluffy 'cat' 1987-2002; Pugs 'collie dog' 1989-2003; Puss 'cat' 2002-2009; R.I.P I miss you all so much) my heart goes out to those who lost a loved one who wont be with them this christmas and especially to those who lost a loved one and never got to say goodbye.Being able to say goodbye is a most precious gift and my heart feels for those who are deprived of it.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My grandpa passed away last week. My family had seen this coming this past year and so we had time to mentally prepare ourselves. Even so, it is horrible to have this happen during the holidays. I fear that it will be some time before Christmas will feel "normal" again to us.

My prayers for all who are grieving this holiday season. May the Lord sustain you and keep you.

OP
Blade96

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
My grandpa passed away last week. My family had seen this coming this past year and so we had time to mentally prepare ourselves. Even so, it is horrible to have this happen during the holidays. I fear that it will be some time before Christmas will feel "normal" again to us.

My prayers for all who are grieving this holiday season. May the Lord sustain you and keep you.

So sad when loved ones die. :(

Slipper

Orange Belt
Reaction score
girlbug, I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandfather passed away earlier this year and I miss him and my Gran tremendously. (They took care of me during summers, holidays and breaks).

Blade, thanks for posting such a thoughtful thread. It's a good reminder to be thankful of things that can't be bought and to treat people with love and compassion. Though I was saddened when my Gramps passed, I had no regrets about my relationship with my grandparents. I called them, spent time with them and stayed constant in their lives until the end.

Latest Discussions