Silat Minangkabau Harimau

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have previously posted some information under the thread "Which Silat Style" .
If anyone has an interest in actually meeting and training with Guru De-Bordes , we shall have a seminar here in Dallas Tx Feb 10-11. I have posted in the "Event" section as well.

Guru approaches Harimau training with a very pragmatic , street oriented worldview. I think if you have had curiousity regarding this method"s combat effectiveness, it would be edifying to see him in action.
He is a very approachable instructor and is always willing to show those who have a sincere interest in his art , how to effectively apply the concepts and methodology of the Harimau system. Our open seminars do not require one to be versed in silat or harimau , nor does it demand incredible leg conditioning.....very "beginner friendly".

We would certainly enjoy the visit of anyone with a sincere interest in this style of silat !

Contact [email protected] for information regarding accomodations or refer to our flier on www.pencaksilatdallas.com

Guru De-Bordes and I shall also travel to Traverse Michigan for a seminar at the school of a Bill Gapinsky. I believe this seminar is open to the public. We will be there to teach on Feb 17-18 .

With Respect

Doc

Fantastic! Thanks for posting this, Doc D. Your "Which Silat Style" is a terrific read. I hope you can make it out towards New England one of these days :)

Hi doc! Ive seen some clips of your Guru in action. Pretty brutal stuff. Way more aggressive then other Harimau Ive seen. Is he ever gonna have a seminar here in Chicago?

Hello,
I imagine he would be open to a seminar there. I think the closest to Chicago is a seminar in Ohio. Kelly Smith at [email protected] has the details for that seminar
Doc

Back