Silat Minangkabau Harimau

Discussion in 'Indochinese Martial Arts - General' started by doc D, Jan 31, 2007.

1. doc D

doc D Orange Belt

Hello everyone,

I have previously posted some information under the thread "Which Silat Style" .
    If anyone has an interest in actually meeting and training with Guru De-Bordes , we shall have a seminar here in Dallas Tx Feb 10-11. I have posted in the "Event" section as well.

Guru approaches Harimau training with a very pragmatic , street oriented worldview. I think if you have had curiousity regarding this method"s combat effectiveness, it would be edifying to see him in action.
    He is a very approachable instructor and is always willing to show those who have a sincere interest in his art , how to effectively apply the concepts and methodology of the Harimau system. Our open seminars do not require one to be versed in silat or harimau , nor does it demand incredible leg conditioning.....very "beginner friendly".

We would certainly enjoy the visit of anyone with a sincere interest in this style of silat !

Contact Tigerofsumatra@yahoo.com for information regarding accomodations or refer to our flier on www.pencaksilatdallas.com

Guru De-Bordes and I shall also travel to Traverse Michigan for a seminar at the school of a Bill Gapinsky. I believe this seminar is open to the public. We will be there to teach on Feb 17-18 .

With Respect

Doc

2. Carol

Carol Crazy like a...

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • LifeTime Supporting Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Fantastic! Thanks for posting this, Doc D. Your "Which Silat Style" is a terrific read. I hope you can make it out towards New England one of these days :)

3. Rattan_Bridge108

Rattan_Bridge108 Yellow Belt

Hi doc! Ive seen some clips of your Guru in action. Pretty brutal stuff. Way more aggressive then other Harimau Ive seen. Is he ever gonna have a seminar here in Chicago?

4. doc D

doc D Orange Belt

Hello,
    I imagine he would be open to a seminar there. I think the closest to Chicago is a seminar in Ohio. Kelly Smith at mmpsfw@yahoo.com has the details for that seminar
    Doc

5. SilatFan

SilatFan Green Belt

Do you know where in Ohio the seminar will be held? Is mmpsfw@yahoo.com the contact for any Ohio seminar?

6. doc D

doc D Orange Belt

yes that should be the best contact address123