Sigh...I hate living in Mississippi

J

JTA

I can't find any good schools in Mississippi. There a ton of Tae Kwon Do schools, but I'm not really interested in that.

I searched and found roughly 1,450 schools in Florida.

There are about 60 in Mississippi :(

I'm going to check out an Aikido class Tuesday, but I'd prefer to take something like BJJ or Muay Thai. Does anyone know of any good schools in Mississippi, that are not TKD?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Give the aikido school a good looking over before you get too discouraged. I've heard it said that aikido takes a little longer to master than others but I think that it's because of the little details that can make or break a technique. A lot of them just won't work if you try to power through them, they have to be on the money. I've studied kenpo and loved it. Post on the kenpo forum here and see what you come up with. I'm studying nihon goshin aikido now and having a blast! Still get to do some atemi and I like the flow of the aikido so it's a good blend for me. Best of luck in your search.:asian:

kilo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I live in Mississippi and go to an Aikido School so give us a chance.

OP
J

JTA

Is it the Eight Winds Aikido Society by any chance?

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by JTA
I can't find any good schools in Mississippi. There a ton of Tae Kwon Do schools, but I'm not really interested in that.

I searched and found roughly 1,450 schools in Florida.

There are about 60 in Mississippi :(

I'm going to check out an Aikido class Tuesday, but I'd prefer to take something like BJJ or Muay Thai. Does anyone know of any good schools in Mississippi, that are not TKD?
:rolleyes:
Don't look at what style, just check out the school

Latest Discussions