shoulder

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I could probably be considered in the "trained despite the injury and am now paying for it" category mentioned by Gin-Gin!!

Anyway.......maybe now is the time to practice other things to give your shoulder a break......like stance work, kicking.......this would enable you to give the arm a break, but still be training and improving on other things. Maybe even katas could be worked.......depends on what movements hurt the arm.

Just and idea....... :idunno:

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
BrandiJo said:
i wont see my inst for about two weeks, im hopeing in that time my shoulder improves greatly. I do plan on talking to him about it because i dont want to make my shoulder worse but i dont want to totaly stop training either , i did that already for 3 moths and it didnt help
Shoulders work best when they continue range of motion. This is an ideal time to work your techniques slowly and with precision. Don't worry about speed or power. This will likely act as both Physical Therapy and may actually benefit your training on the whole.

Jeff

OP
BrandiJo

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
that would be good kempdoc, i dont want to hurt it worse andi could use the slow practice for my forms

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great advice from everyone here BrandiJo. I hope you begin to feel better soon! Take it slow. :)

Latest Discussions