Should we set up a spot specifically to post videos?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Should we set up a spot specifically to post videos?

I know, you can go to YouTube and search around when the mood strikes you. But, would it be more convenient to have them linked and embeded here?

Should we set up subsections under each art, or one main video area with sub sections?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is a very good idea indeed!

The problem with YouTube is that links die and you can never find the clips you had searched out again. If they could be hosted on MT that would be a huge bonus but I know that that is probably impractical :(.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, then every other thread will become a video. Leave it as it is, if a post calls for a video then we can embed or place a link in a thread, creating separate sections just leads to (even in good nature) spamming.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd suggest listing the title from Youtube or whatever other video site, and letting whoever wants to view it, view it there. Less work for Bob...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you talking about literal hosting of videos, or just designating an area to post videos, kind of like Members in Motion, but more specific? So that, for example, if I wanted to see funny videos, I could look in Comedy Cafe, and if I wanted to see videos about a particular art, I could look in the Videos under that art...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You mean like what's in the Muay Thai section?

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57482

If the idea is to make the content available with a minimum amount of input (posts, etc.) from members, that's a way to do it.

However, If the idea of posting videos is to stimulate discussion about the videos, this does not look like the way to do it, given that there does not appear to be any discussion generated by that thread in the three years that its been up.

Not sure what the goal is? :idunno:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
See http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?138-Videos for the centralized idea.

It wouldn't be a "you can only post them here" thing, just a spot we can centralize a bit. New software I'll eventually installing here allows for hooking into most major video sites. While I'd love to be able to host them here, well, YouTube already has that niche tied up IMO.

As to the goal....same thing as always:
Build content, build traffic, build members, and hopefully make me super super super rich. :D

Latest Discussions