Sensei Rick Hotton

Discussion in 'Karate' started by _Simon_, Aug 12, 2018 at 6:37 AM.

1. _Simon_

_Simon_ Black Belt

Ahhhh I just love this guy so much haha... Such a refreshing approach to karate, and I just click so much with alot of what he says. You can tell he just embodies it all with every fibre of his being, and displays all these principles so well and seemlessly... this is an hour video of different themes and principles but definitely worth the watch I reckon.. has anyone here trained with him by the way?

I would just jump at the chance to train at his dojo. I wonder, if I don't find a teacher along these lines (which of course I can't expect to) if it's doable to try and apply these anyway to my training. Obviously I know it would absolutely not be the same as being taught it in person, but short of going to the USA to train I'll still play around with these ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wab25

wab25 Blue Belt

Excellent video... even better explanations and demonstrations.

3. _Simon_

_Simon_ Black Belt

Yeah am glad I found his teachings... really opened my eyes. And I want my practice to go more along those lines, less robotic, more fluid and more feeling behind it. Love the way he explains things, and the use of metaphors to help consolidate the understanding. Even just watching his movements I've found I get what he means, but of course in practicing it it would make actual sense.

If he ever did a seminar in Australia I'd so be there...