Seniors Signing In

Robbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A lot of you have some very senior Kenpoists as your instructors.

I wonder if we could start a thread where you could get your instructor to sign in a say a few words (couple of sentences) so that the rest of the Kenpo world could meet them. We could have a list of all the teachers just saying hi.

Rob

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many of the seniors will not bother with the forums, for a number of reasons. Personally, I wish they would hop in from time to time and at least say hello and mention their seminars.

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by Kirk
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

So what are Me and Dan, chopped Liver? It was 91 degrees here in Sunny So. Cal. today and I'm loving it, even had to turn on the A/C when I drove LOL.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

K

Kirk

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
So what are Me and Dan, chopped Liver? It was 91 degrees here in Sunny So. Cal. today and I'm loving it, even had to turn on the A/C when I drove LOL.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Very HAIRY chopped liver! :rofl: I thought he meant besides the
current seniors who are already members of this board.

OP
R

Robbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So what are Me and Dan, chopped Liver?

I did consider this response, but hoped the request would be taken in the spirit in which it was offered.

Unless you're being sarcastic, it's hard to tell from typed words. :D

I think it's great that you take the time and share your insights, but the more the merrier. Does Mr. Tatum ever hear about what goes on in here from you? Is he at all interested in web based forums? Would he consider signing a guest book of sorts so that people such as I, who have little chance of meeting the man can at least have some interaction with him. (Geez that sounded needy, didn't it)

I'm not angling for them to be on the board all the time, just kind of like an autograph book, just collect signatures.:D

But hey if they want to stick around and join in, then great.

Rob

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have a few of the seniors, but very few.

It would be nice if folks like Huk Planas, Frank Trejo, Doreen C, Larry Tatum, Al Tracy, etc would pop in from time to time and say hello, let us know what they are doing, where they are going to be, etc. I saw Frank signed up, but was only here once.

I'd love to see 10-20, 30 more even on here...I might have to add more disk space. :D (and I have no problems doing that!)

:asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Rub it in why don't you.:soapbox: We got up to 33.:(

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
I um, hope you take a jacket or a sweatshirt out with you.;)

Why?

When the temperature outside is 40 degrees F:
Floridians turn on the citrus grove heaters
People living in Buffalo throw on a tee over the swimsuit.

:D

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You might get cold standing outside flipping burgers, ribs, or fish or whatever it is that you grill. Personally I like to try to stay warm and I'm awaiting my 200 - 250 gas bill for january.:(

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
You might get cold standing outside flipping burgers, ribs, or fish or whatever it is that you grill. Personally I like to try to stay warm and I'm awaiting my 200 - 250 gas bill for january.:(

Well, the bikini clad gals that hang out at my mansion (which is paid for with the membership fees here) help keep things warm. :D

Hmmm....maybe thats how we get the seniors here...tell them theres bikini gals doing Long Four needing help? ;)

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by Robbo
I did consider this response, but hoped the request would be taken in the spirit in which it was offered.

Unless you're being sarcastic, it's hard to tell from typed words. :D

I think it's great that you take the time and share your insights, but the more the merrier. Does Mr. Tatum ever hear about what goes on in here from you? Is he at all interested in web based forums? Would he consider signing a guest book of sorts so that people such as I, who have little chance of meeting the man can at least have some interaction with him. (Geez that sounded needy, didn't it)

I'm not angling for them to be on the board all the time, just kind of like an autograph book, just collect signatures.:D

But hey if they want to stick around and join in, then great.

Rob

Yes, it was meant in jest, and yes I do tell Larry what I've been reading and sometimes he does read it himself. I'll have to tell him to poke his nose in on this one and see if he responds to anyone. He usually doesn't like to sign in and register cuz it just takes too damn long but I'll see what I can do.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Clyde,
This software can 'remember you' and log you in automatically. If you or Mr. Tatum want it set up, let me know what accounts and I'll be more than happy to take care of it for ya. :)

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Clyde,
This software can 'remember you' and log you in automatically. If you or Mr. Tatum want it set up, let me know what accounts and I'll be more than happy to take care of it for ya. :)

Yea, mine is setup that way already but I don't know if Larry wants to register just cuz it's a PITA but I will ask.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

K

Kirk

There used to be a ton of seniors that posted on kenponet,
including mr tatum. But they got tired of all the political crap going
on (probably by people of rank close to mine) and have since had
a major distaste for forums.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Well, the bikini clad gals that hang out at my mansion (which is paid for with the membership fees here) help keep things warm. :D

Hmmm....maybe thats how we get the seniors here...tell them theres bikini gals doing Long Four needing help? ;)

Ah yes, I forgot, you work Security for Hugh Hefner!:eek:

Latest Discussions