seminar blackbelts/instructor courses

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
What is everyones opinions on both seminar blackbelts and instructor courses? Does someone who has a blackbelt in another art have more of a case to take this route than a person with little experience?

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've taken Instructor courses at 3 day seminars...If you do not possess the base skills you don't pass..It was 3 days of real intensive training and thankfully I've been studying for about 20 years on and off so I had no real problems except when it was over, I hurt EVERYWHERE ...Black belt rank after 3 days, doesn't sound good or legit..

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inst. courses are good, as they give the basics. However, they should not be thought of as making someone an expert or authority on the art. Take a CPR or First Aid class. They teach basic skills. They do not teach you or prepare you for anything out of the realm in which the class was taught. In other words they're not going to prepare you to perform surgery, just like the inst. course is not going to dig deep into the art. Its skimming the surface. Follow up classes, etc., are going to be key, IMO, if you really want to be good in something.

Mike

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it depends mostly on exactly "who" the choir is that is being preached to. For the experienced, a new curriculum is attainable but not likely in a few days.

Latest Discussions