shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ronin Wolf-master said:
you have a bad way of showing it.
Are you sure you don't just have a bad way of listening?

Earnestly, now. Maybe your parents trust you and all, but ya know? Unless they are trained in sword arts or other weapons, could they really be that qualified to judge just how dangerous doing what you're doing really is? because I'd have to say the majority of the respondents here might not think so.

Understand that it is our duty as trained martial artists to point out safety issues to others in precisely this situation. Your lack of willingness to accept the advice lends to a poor training attitude.

OP
R

Ronin Wolf-master

I will probly order off the internet.... unless we go to P'cola.

I am excepting advice, but not someone gripping at me, and sertinly not someone talking about my parents like he did.
They trust and know me, the poeple here dont really know me, and apprently dont trust me, and as long as i am with my parrents, they are the judges.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Steal some goggles from the chemistry lab. They're important! Gloves are a good idea too. Boxing or hockey gloves are what many arnis players use.

Hard wood can break, and when it does, splinters can fly. Definitely look into the shinai. As Mr. Hubbard mentions, even experts get hurt. I know a certain datu with a nasty scar along his inner upper arm...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Steal some goggles from the chemistry lab. They're important!
No, don't steal anything. Kindly explain the situation to the lab professor and ask if he has a spare pair he could donate to your cause because safety is so important to you.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ronin

There has been some good advice about working out safely given in this thread. Check out the suggested tapes and equipment and see if there is a store where it can be purchased. My advice to you is to talk to your parents about this stuff and see if they can get it off the internet for you. I suggest this for two reasons...

1. Your parents will KNOW that you are taking this seriously and attempting to be as safe as possible. This is important because it may go a long way in convincing them to help you possibly find someone to teach you. Even if you were to take an art like aikido which is based on some swordwork, you'd get more from practicing with your friends.

2. It is much easier to get some of this stuff off the internet. Most martial arts supply stores don't carry much stuff or they only sell it to the students who go to the dojos that are usually attached to it. Most people get their martial arts equipment from the internet nowdays, sorry to say.

Good luck

upnorthkyosa

splice42

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ronin Wolf-master said:
i dont really thing i would need the glasess, cuase we dont even aim for the head, but its not a bad idea. ( I know what you mean about those morons that play paintball, then they wonder why they are blind... :whip: )
So those people who play paintball and don't wear goggles or a mask because they don't aim for the head are morons, yet you don't really think you need safety glasses when fighting with wooden sticks because... you don't aim for the head?

Aren't you precious. You certainly don't seem to be considering the advice of others very seriously.

[SIZE=-1]Perhaps your purpose in life may just be to serve as an example for others[/SIZE]. In that way you may yet do some good.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Assist. Admin Note

We here at MT don't like to close down threads as some good information can be gleaned from them. But with the advent of the personal sniping going on, this thread is now Locked.

Take it offline and keep the personal issues elsewhere.

Thank you,

~Tess
-MT Assist. Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions