Self-Discipline Test

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While sitting at your desk, raise your right foot and make clockwise circles with it. Now, with your right hand, trace the number '6' in air with your index finger. Your foot will begin to rotate counter-clockwise and there is nothing you can do about it.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While sitting at your desk, raise your right foot and make clockwise circles with it. Now, with your right hand, trace the number '6' in air with your index finger. Your foot will begin to rotate counter-clockwise and there is nothing you can do about it.
Thats crazy! I think with years of training I can overcome this silly thing. I just have other things to do.:mst:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is crazy, isn't it! I was like no way, I can do this - alas I could not...
I just hung my left leg and left hand off the couch, and found that a desk is not required to show me I have no control. I thought being left handed was going to help, but alas...
Sean

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I managed to overcome it, but it took several attempts. You really, really have to focus.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I did it slowly at first. Now I can do it fairly rapidly. Gonna try the left side now!

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hoo! Left side takes WAY more focus.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So does this mean I'm self-disciplined???? BWAAHAHAHAHA!!! I think the procrastination article probably speaks more accurately to that! :lol2:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thought you meant if I could keep myself from clicking on a thread/post, just to see what nonsense billi has put forth this time (though I already know what it is)

hmmm, gonna try, maybe, later...weather is too nice, gotta do spring cleaning...

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Of course, the cheat is to simply draw the 6 backwards (starting at inner circle). Then your foot's already going counterclockwise, and it's easy. :)

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course, the cheat is to simply draw the 6 backwards (starting at inner circle). Then your foot's already going counterclockwise, and it's easy. :)

Ah, the Kobayashi Maru. You rebel, you.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Didn't work for me, I was able to do both at the same time. However, I remain incapable of rubbing my belly and patting my head at the same time.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Didn't work for me, I was able to do both at the same time. However, I remain incapable of rubbing my belly and patting my head at the same time.

Can you do it while saying Nee?