seeking private martial arts instructor

TravisL

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi my name is Travis Landmesser and im from the Elkton Maryland area (USA) and im seeking anyone willing to give private martial arts intruction, in short ive found i train much better alone as oppose to in a big class. being facinated with all martial arts i tried a kendo class but prefer the solitude of one on one training. Thanks.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Most instructors that I know are willing to do private instruction. That said, your martial experience will suffer for not have training partners of different sizes, shapes, attributes, and energies.

rframe

Green Belt
Reaction score
Private instruction is fantastic. The detailed attention to technique allows one to correct errors and improve technique so much better than in a group setting where things might look fine at a distance but have several technical problems. Even if one is doing group sessions most of the time, trying to get in a private lesson every few months will be incredibly valuable.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest checking out the local schools available in your area, deciding which art(s) and instructor(s) look appealing to you, then contacting the instructors and asking if they are available to teach private lessons. Be aware that private instruction generally costs much more than group lessons.

Latest Discussions