Seeking more

shifu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Work as a Doorman/Security Person at the Club I am employed at has not been so good. Of late work has been nothing more than non-stop issues with fights and a lack of support from management and staff not doing their job (responsible service of alcohol etc). Fellow security staff have not been up to speed on dealing with issues and it has all fell back to me alone to act. I am not only dealing with alcohol fuelled violence but “Ice” as well. After some 35 years Martial training and experience and I find that I am now seeking something more than dealing with violence, threats on myself and family. I see something more from life then just this. It’s been a succinct moment of epiphany where one suddenly begins to understand that there is more to life. The actual situation seems to be declining rather than getting any better despite my efforts. The other thing is at 45 years of age, I seek something more from life than dealing with the violence (be it alcohol and "Ice" fuelled) on a regular basis. I guess its part of me seeking peace within my life .... a state of self actualization or realisation. I seek a better path of being. We (my wife and I) and I are now looking at our future options.

Just a rant

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been there Shifu..I worked as a bouncer for 5 years or more and then private security which was a bigger pain in the drain ..I was in my early 30's when I started and when like you I grew sick of the whole twisted game I began to apply for assistant Mgr postions as well as the head of security positions...Had a resume professionally done that was a big help..

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
So, Shifu, where are you actually going with this? Are you bragging, complaining, have a question, what? What do you want?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
After some time (a few years back) as security in a hospital with a Detox unit I came to the following conclusion

There are 2 things that should not mix, alcohol and people.

I wish you luck in your search

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, As they say? ....if the job doesn't feel right? ....leave..before it is too late.

Bouncers have to deal with the worst side of people...plus you will always have to be prepare for those kick out from coming back in with a gun!.

Having a family to support, and if you get hurt real bad....who is going to pay the bills.

Marc"the Animal MacYoung wrote some good books as a life of a bouncer....the mentality of bouncers...you gotta be ready to go the distance every night. (hard way to make a living) unless you love the violence? ............quit.....Aloha

Latest Discussions