Security Camera Society-Double edged sword?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When things like the marathon bombing happen it seems like everyone clamors for evidence and asks why LE hasn't found any video yet. When there isn't a crisis going on it seems like many people complain about there being too many cameras.

The speed with which the Marathon Bombers were identified was obviously associated with camera footage.

What is the solution?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
People are not happy unless they can complain about something. There is no solution because nobody will ever be happy.

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
When things like the marathon bombing happen it seems like everyone clamors for evidence and asks why LE hasn't found any video yet. When there isn't a crisis going on it seems like many people complain about there being too many cameras.

The speed with which the Marathon Bombers were identified was obviously associated with camera footage.

What is the solution?
There probably isn't one, as the cameras are in public areas for the most part. But it has seriously disrupted my proclivity to flash people on street corners. So much for first amendment freedom of expression.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There probably isn't one, as the cameras are in public areas for the most part. But it has seriously disrupted my proclivity to flash people on street corners. So much for first amendment freedom of expression.

You can do it just don't be surprised if it shows up on you tube under "so small its cute". Title

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think the cameras are probably here to stay. The government is not the only person that has them though. Cameras in the hands of people could actually act as a check on government, so this could go both ways.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know what to say--I'm guilty of this too: Not happy about living in the Orwellian future but happy when the bad guys are caught.

Latest Discussions