Scraping Hoof

R

rmcrobertson

Just 'cause nobody mentioned it:

1) As you step left, stomp their instep; as you thrust your head back and arms down, drag that left foot in on top of their foot (see the end of Finger Set 2).

2) Isn't the ending predicated on the attacker's attempt to shift their weight/find a new centerline?

3) Don't Scraping/Repeated/Twirling form a sequence, with the nelson progerssively better set?

4) In Twirling Sacrifice, can't you kneel on their right knee? Isn't spalling their head into something pointy a consideration as you dump them?

Thanks.

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by rmcrobertson

Just 'cause nobody mentioned it:

3) Don't Scraping/Repeated/Twirling form a sequence, with the nelson progerssively better set?

I seem to remember Clyde mentioning something about this on page one.

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo

Seems you guys forget there are three techniques that deal with this type of attack.

Scraping Hoof -If you keep your arms down they can't get them up to your head and neck, that's the design of the tech.

Repeated Devastation- designed so if they manage to get your arms up they feed the strikes to the eyes or head.

Twirling Sacrifice- designed so if they manage to get you in the full nelson and start to pull you down.

We had fun doing these techniques on each other last night. Unfortunately, Clyde couldn't find something pointy to spall my head into though. :lol:

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings
I will attempt to play with this tonight. However the "Outward & Reverse Splits" are not a terms I have heard before.

Yes I seem to hear that alot about this footwork but it is (they are) Parker terms. They are specifically called "SPLITTING" ad "REVERSE SPILTTING." Although I never saw them written in any of his work, I believe he included them in his videos of "Sophisticated Basics. If you look close, you'll see me in there too.

Lot of stuff in there not included anywhere else. Parker put a lot of good information out, but he made some have to find it. I was lucky to live 20 minutes away, and taught 30 away. Boy did we have fun (except for the hitting).

We actually used some very sophisticated footwork that changes the dynamics of everythng and enhance structure. It's amazing when taught.

This looks like a more like variation of Repeated Devistation (sans extension) with the Scraping Hoof initial movement Grafted as a prefix.

Just Parker's head working.

Interesting suppressing check to disturb his base and ensure the load bearing leg is unable to kick, and the utilization of Borrowed Force by disturbing the height zone vis-a-vis the same check, for the elbow strike (#6).

That's called "Explosive Momentary Height Control" and we are striking and open nerve cavity created by the previous(s) actions to set it up.

Is this a continuous action from the downward postion when you "Brushed" the "Study Partner's" arm down?

Yes it is. It misaligns and opens the next cavity, "Seals The Breath" etc.

I envision a downward horizontal forearm "Brushing" then without any loss of motion, changing the orbit to an outward motion for the elbow. Somewhat of a Figure 8 for a slight downward component with the elbow?

Yes, but when excuted correctly the "figure 8" will be "compacted." Also, although freshmen students use the forearm to strike because it's easy and impossible to miss, junior and senior students use a hammer-fist specifically to the nerve cavity to bring effectiveness to a much higher level. On the lower level all techniques work mechanically, and as your understanding grows you become more and more target specific with more specific results. This is why body mechanics must be properly taught, or there can be no growth.

If it is not one thing it is another. I always have to "THINK". Geez, like I have nothing better to do with my time.:D

comon' you know you love it. You don't get smart by not thinking. I know the feeling.
:)

D

dcence

Beauty may be skin deep, but dumb is forever

Alternatives:

Beauty may be skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone.

Beauty may be skin deep, but fat is only deep skin.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the other things about Scraping Hoof that I really like, is the Extension's take down. Very unique and applicable for Bear Hugs or a Close Choke.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, I have not forgotten the progression and like it a lot. I also like the Crashing Wings / Spiraling Twig / Squatting Sacrifice trio progression. Worked those with Mr. Sepulveda last lesson in fact.

Oss,
-MB

Latest Discussions