Schools of Krabi Krabong?

Saevus

White Belt
Reaction score
Firstly, I'd like to apologize if this kind of thread is a nuisance, spam or the likes. My determined searches have led to naught so, in my endeavor I've come here in many hopes.

With that aside, I very much would like some answers or input if you could. I have avidly watched and researched about Krabi Krabong in hopes of learning it some time in the future. However, when it came to look at schools, I couldn't find much which is crazy, I guess? I think it is at least. So far I've only come across Sitsiam Camp in the UK, Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket, Thailand, and Buddhai Swan Institute in Ayutthaya, Thailand. But with that raised a question, I haven't found much about the Ayutthaya based school. Did Buddhai Swan Institute go under? Or is it still active but nothing covering it anymore? I know it used to be a temple but that didn't really help me figure whether BSI had closed down/stopped teaching KK. My searches for the answer came up with nothing except pointing me towards Sitsiam Camp who has an add on to their name of being "Sitsiam Camp/Buddhai Swan Institute". Thank you for bearing with my first post, and thank you for any answers or info you can provide about any reliable or good schools wherever they may be, the US, the UK, Thailand, etc.

tl;dr Looking for reliable Krabi Krabong schools anywhere and an answer to whether Buddhai Swan Institute is active or has it closed down and stopped teaching

blackdiamondcobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
After our late teacher Por Kru Samai died, the land that the original Buddhai Sawan institute was on was sold and the Ayutthaya school was opened by the sons and family as an extension of the original school. The elder son Ajarn Pramote Mesaman has his own school in Bangkok and has taught for many decades. So the Buddhai Sawan institute continues with the sons and the students of the late Por Kru. In thailand, there are many smaller schools --with teachers of the tradition teaching out of their backyards, in grade and public schools and as part of martial arts programs throughout the country. Just as an example: Ajarn Tony Moore is aligned with the Ayutthaya school and others and brings in different teachers to continue the tradition in England and he goes back and forth to Thailand as well. Simply contact him for information about his school and the school in Thailand. Kru Pedro Villalobos continues the tradition in Chiang Mai along with teaching Chaiya. In the US, you can contact Ajarn Stephen Wilson, Ajarn Jason Webster, Ajarn Arlan"Salty Dog" Sanford and others including capable teachers under them for their teaching schedules. I am traveling so I don't have any contact info handy but its easily obtained with a search. There are other traditions of krabi krabong well beyond Buddhai Sawan that we maintain and that I am part of but are less known. So in answer to your question: Yes there are reliable schools and teachers of the Buddhai Sawan tradition in Thailand, Europe and the US. The Buddhai Sawan institute teachings continues(although the original school is gone) with the sons, family and direct students of the late Por Kru Samai Mesaman.

OP
S

Saevus

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for your in depth answer and a large amount of info I couldn't find! It really is appreciated, I'll get right on checking these teachers out.

OP
S

Saevus

White Belt
Reaction score
Decided to give a look at Ajarn Pramote Mesaman and although I couldn't find much, I did find this tid bit on a different Krabi Krabong website,

"The Buddhai Sawan school teaching the art of Krabi Krabong has now closed and moved to Lad Prao in Bangkok. After the death of the late Grandmaster Samai Mesaman. Ajarn Pramote Mesamana after some consideration and agreement with his fathers 2nd wife split the proceeds of the Buddhai Sawan site and Ajaran Promote decided to move all the artefacts to the millionaire Buddhist temple, where all the deities are stored and can be seen.

The Buddhai Sawan Krabi Krabong system and Head office is being carried on at Lad Prao under Ajarn Pramote.

At 23 Charter House Building 5th Soi Lad Prao 124 Lad Prao Road Wangthonglang bangkapi Bangkok.10310"

Any idea if this info is current? And from my understanding, Bangkok has many many martial arts schools in them so there is much potential for Krabi Krabong schools to be there as well.

Latest Discussions