samurai jujutsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

Hanzo04

well is doesn't matter what you think, it matters what i think. you know we can argue all day. it's no problem at all. I like to argue! it's one of my best qualities!

hedgehogey

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just stating facts. If you can't grapple, you're screwed when fighting a grappler. Simple as that. You wanna avoid going to the ground, you'd better have a good grasp of clinchwork, sprawling and the guard, things you'll only find in grappling.

So what's your "way" that's different from the hundreds of others who've said they'd never get taken down anyway? What makes you unique?

OP
H

Hanzo04

when i said i'll find a way i didn't say immediately. and besides why would i tell you my tactics? that makes no sense.

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am sure the other non-grapplers who went into the UFC had the same thinking (where there's a will there's a way) as you Hanzo04. Here are a few strikers that have won a few UFC fights with some limited grappling.
Pete Williams
Murice Smith
Bas Rutten

These three came from a stand-up art and added grappling to what they all ready know. Having some good basics for the ground may be good, especially if the techniques that you have don't work. It's always good to have too many tools then not enough.

hedgehogey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
when i said i'll find a way i didn't say immediately. and besides why would i tell you my tactics? that makes no sense.
LAWWD HAYLP ME! Look, I doubt we're ever gonna meet face to face, and I doubt any wrestler is reading this board, looking for your weakness.

So, for purposes of debate, what techniques do you plan to use if ever confronted by a grappler, and how are these techniques different from the ones that have already been tried?

OP
H

Hanzo04

i'm gonna be straight up with you. i've only been practicing tkd for two years, but i do plan on taking other arts that work on ground fighting situations like kenpo and taijutsu. but groundfighting will never be my focus point. my personal belief is since most fights do go to the ground (inexperienced fighters), is why go to the ground at all. i think that's why we become martial artists to not be taken to the ground by some bum who can't fight like a man. we as MA should be technically sound with our moves and not sloppy. and plus going to the ground just gets you tired fast. we should follow bruce lee's theory and not let fights drag on past one minute. and i'm sorry because i know i offended some people but that's the way i feel. i'm sorry for coming across as a hard ***, but like i said before i like to argue. so like i said before all this contreversy happened- what is samurai jujutsu?peace

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hanz, I did a google search and there are apparently lots of references to books on Samurai Jujutsu and here are two links that actually talk about it, one references small circle as the samurai jujutsu art (I didn't read all of them), and there are more pages if you want to make the effort to seek out pages on the internet.

www.smallcirclejujutsu.com
www.isop.ucla.edu/eas/lessons/wohl/shoguns.html

On the other topic, I'm curious why you seem volotile...you are studying martial arts, right? or are you learning how to kick a**? Because martial arts is about calming the mind and soul to be a better warrior - to fight the good fight, not just kick a**.

I'm earnestly asking, not trying to be argumentative.

OP
H

Hanzo04

thanks for the links. but i do have an attitude and i need to work on it since i consider myself a traditonalist. i live in broadview right next maywood which is not a nice neighborhood. all my cousins live on the westside of chicago in the ghetto. so it is kinda of hard acting like a true martial artist. that's why i plan on moving to a different state so i can e on my own and siscover things for myself with no distractions. but thanks for your concern. peace

OP
H

Hanzo04

uh shesulsa these links don't work. but i'll try searching for info myself. thanks.

hedgehogey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
i'm gonna be straight up with you. i've only been practicing tkd for two years, but i do plan on taking other arts that work on ground fighting situations like kenpo and taijutsu.
Neither of those have a ground syllabus.

but groundfighting will never be my focus point. my personal belief is since most fights do go to the ground (inexperienced fighters), is why go to the ground at all.
1: Because it's the best place to put a large man

2: because a lot of the time you don't have a choice

i think that's why we become martial artists to not be taken to the ground by some bum who can't fight like a man.
1: Ok, that's offensive, saying we're bums.

2: CAN'T FIGHT LIKE A MAN? I'll tell you right now, grappling is FAR more "fighting like a man" than flicking your feet at each other from a horse stance. Men wrestle. It's what we DO. We've been doing it since we were austrologodamnpithicenes. In almost every culture in the world, wrestling is a test of manhood.

we as MA should be technically sound with our moves and not sloppy. and plus going to the ground just gets you tired fast.
That's crap. Conserving energy is the key to success in grappling. Grappling A BJJ black belt is like fighting an anaconda. The more you struggle, the harder you make it for yourself, while he's just calmly waiting, hasn't even broken a sweat.
I remember an article written by an aikido master who fought helio gracie (who was in his 80s at the time). He said that he was humiliated by an OLD MAN for half an hour, while helio laughed and talked with his sons.

we should follow bruce lee's theory and not let fights drag on past one minute.
Theory and practice are two very different things.

and i'm sorry because i know i offended some people but that's the way i feel.
I don't care about how you feel, only what you know.

OP
C

captnigh

someone hammered my reputation for "advertising" kenpo in the beginning of this thread....geez......
what a load of crap......

OP
H

Hanzo04

this is gonna be my last entry in this jujutsu forum. anybody who can't fight standing up is *****! groundfighting is for punks who don't want to get beat down like a man.that's some real ***** stuff fighting on the ground like an animal. that's some dirty ****. Lame! If you keep pushing i wiil react. remember you started this argumaent when you told me i was looking for some damn "super deadly system". if you don't have something nice tosay don't say nothin at all! and did you really read my statement idiot. i said bums as to reference to people on the street not martial artist, ditz.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CAPTNIGH: I've been dinged for stupid reasons before, too. We all have. Just ignore it.

HANZO04: Again with the strong reaction...you won't get anywhere with anyone like that. If someone pushes your button, turn the button off. If I may offer a little unsolicited advice...only because you were apologetic in a couple of your posts...remember that when you react to them, you allow others to control you. That can be a mistake. Try to keep your mind open - if for no other reason, to remain calm which is truly mandatory if you wish to win in a fight. Calmness of mind is essential to maintaining your ability to see every possibility.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
-MOD NOTE-
ENOUGH~!

I've given ONE Warning.. and It's been Ignored.

Thread Locked Pending Admin Review.

If you have issues with someone.. Take it OFFLINE~!!!

~Tess
-MT S. MOD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions